City : Victoria
Category : Temporary
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
Are you passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience? If you’re an energetic self-starter who genuinely enjoys interacting with others, then we have an opportunity for you! We’re looking for part-time Retail Sales Associates to join our Mayfair Shopping Centre retail location in Victoria. Reporting to the Retail Store Manager, the Sales Associate strives to create customer value and brand loyalty through every in-store interaction while driving revenue.
As a Sales Associate, you’ll be curious to uncover the customers' needs, inspiring them to see what's possible with Shaw's products and services. You’ll use this insight to provide them with the right products and services solutions to complement their needs and lifestyle. Through this genuine connection, a successful Sales Associate will turn the store visitor into a loyal Shaw customer.
What we offer:
• A competitive base wage plus a sales incentive program based on your individual performance
• Extensive training as part of your onboarding and dedicated resources for continuous learning
• Incredible employee discounts on Shaw products & services, for all your entertainment needs
• Paid vacation starting at the full-time equivalent of 3 weeks per year for a healthy work-life balance
• A customizable health & dental benefits program to meet the health & well-being needs of you and your eligible family members
• A full range of rewards that include access to a generous share purchase program and retirement plans
• Great career growth opportunities throughout al Shaw and Freedom locations nationwide
A typical day
You’ll spend your day engaging store customers as a brand ambassador, promoting and selling all things Shaw – Internet, TV, Home Phone, and best-in-class Mobile Devices and Plans. You’ll create meaningful interactions with customers through product/service demos, general device support, and other inquiries. You’ll be an integral part of a welcoming, energetic and diverse environment that encourages healthy competition for sales incentives. You’ll use your exceptional communication skills to encourage unscripted, organic and engaging conversations with our customers. As you reach your personal and professional goals, you’ll enjoy being part of a team that succeeds and celebrates together.
Other accountabilities include:
• Answer general account questions like billing enquiries and device support
• Diagnose and troubleshoot situations and handle any product exchanges or returns
• Participate in training sessions and continuous learning activities with your team to ensure a high standard of service
• Cash reconciliation at the start and end of shifts
• You love to communicate and connect with new people every day
• You are energized by technology and enjoy sharing your knowledge
• You embrace a challenge and strive to create genuine connections with your customers
• You’re driven, always curious, eager, and outgoing
• You must be at least 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required
• Previous sales experience? Great, but we’re really interested in your drive, positive attitude, and passion for customer service And some other things…
• You’ll need to successfully complete a credit and criminal background check
• You may be expected to work in other Shaw retail store locations
• You must be able to maintain a varied work schedule to support the operational hours of our various retail stores, channels, and regions. This includes evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
Temporary position (maternity leave coverage) Location: Mayfair Shopping Centre Is travel required? No
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated