Restaurant Server and Event Staff
City : North Bay
Category : Full-time Customer Service
Industry : Food And Beverages
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact:
As a member of the team, you will provide the highest quality of customer service and take care of:
- Tends Restaurant/ Event and prepares drinks for customers as per standard recipes. Assist guest request.
- Cleans and prepares bar for opening and closing. Maintains bar cleanliness throughout shift.
- Takes inventory, order supplies and maintains kegs.
- Ensure correct ordering procedures
- Follows all breakage and spillage procedures.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction. Asking for management assistant where necessary.
- Maintain complete knowledge of equipment use and ensuring constant maintenance and upkeep of items.
- Takes pride in personal appearance and follows site grooming guidelines and dress code.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, maintenance, and organization of assigned work area.
- Complete opening and closing side duties as assigned.
- Check quality and amount of all stock and supplies.
- Set up proper mise for restaurant, bar and workstations. Ensure a sufficient supply of all glassware and flatware for service.
- Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Take guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Present guest checks and process payments.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a server in a restaurant, lounge or banquet hall.
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent data.
- Excellent knowledge of beverage preparation of classic cocktails, mixed drinks, beer, wines & spirits. food & beverage menus.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50lbs
- Embodies our value behaviors: Service Spirit, Team Spirit, and the Spirit of Progress
- Comply with all Campus policies
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- 2021 Canada’s Best Diversity Employer
- 2021 Canada’s Greenest Employers
- 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index featured company
- Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Program company – Gold Level
- And so much more!
· And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.