Research Operations Analyst Co-op, Winter 2024 Student
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Marketing
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Term Length: 4 Months
Term Start: January 8, 2024
Term Date: April 19, 2024
Return to Office:
As of March 2022 Loblaw has adopted the following Hybrid working model (a combination of working between the office and remotely). Colleagues will continue working remotely up to 2 days a week, while spending the other 3 days in the office.
The Research Operations Analyst would be part of the Customer Centre of Excellence (CCOE) team that has a mandate to know our customers better than anyone and to create a customer-centric culture within Loblaw Companies Limited. Our mission is to guide and inform the company on designing and building high-quality human-centred experiences.
In this role, you will support the Research Operations team through the logistical and operational elements of projects. With guidance, you will assist with the day-to-day operations of various programs and research projects. In this role, you will be exposed to a diverse range of projects that reflect the products and services that Loblaw offers its customers.
Being part of the broader CCOE team, we value learning from one another — we’re looking for those who are just as excited about collaborating with team members with diverse skill sets.
- Administration of proprietary research panel (create engagement content, ongoing data analysis, points adjudication, supporting internal and external partners to ensure seamless completion of research projects/support as needed)
- Explore the use of innovative research methods to deliver more meaningful, actionable information and recommendations to the business.
- Manage relationships internally and externally with the coordination of research projects and maintaining our insights repository
- Identify and promote critical insights in our internal insights repository
- Create PowerPoint reports of research findings
- Business, market research, psychology, anthropology (or related discipline) program
- Keen interest in understanding consumer behaviour and building a career in consumer insights
- Strong analytical skills, with a passion for finding the trends in data and identifying key nuggets of insights
- Strong detail orientation and project management skills are a must for this role
- Superior PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Skills Developed/Learned on the Job:
- Project management
- Organization / Process skills
- Excel and data analysis skills
- Panel Management
- Insights Repository Management
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.