Requirements Engineer, Rail & Transit
City : Calgary, AB
Category : T&I - Transportation Systems
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
CALGARY OR EDMONTON
WSP is currently seeking a Requirements Engineer to join our Transportation Systems Rail & Transit team, located at our Calgary or Edmonton office. As a member of the Rail Systems Engineering team, the candidate will be given the opportunity to define processes and execute plans across multiple projects. Management will support the candidate in developing work plans to become a strong leader in the consulting environment.
- Responsible for capturing the client needs through the development of User, Stakeholder, Operational, System and Subsystem requirements.
- Accountable for the development of the Requirements Management Approach and associated plans/processes
- Accountable for management of a team of engineers and successful design and implementation of requirements databases using industry standard tools (i.e. DOORS)
- Accountable for management of the requirements baseline through the life of the project and the system, including change control
- Accountable for the capture of verification and validation information, ensuring progressive demonstration of requirements linked to tests and results.
- Experience implementing requirements management
- Experience in applying various Requirements Management tools for the successful delivery of projects (e.g. DOORS)
- Preference for railway knowledge including, but not limited to stations, rail systems and rolling stock
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Science (preferably IT/ Systems Engineering);
- Licensed professional engineer with APEGA, or eligibility to register as a professional engineer or a Member-In-Training in Canada within one year of the date of hire;
- 2-6 years’ progressive experience in Requirements Engineering and/or Quality Assurance and/or Software Design Engineering with a preference for experience in rail and transit projects.
- Demonstrable knowledge, in a minimum, to one of the following:
- Integration and Interface Management
- IEC 15288: 2015
- Requirements Management
- Experience with DOORS Next is desirable.
- INCOSE ASEP or CSEP certification is desirable.
- Good communication skills and English fluency.
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi- disciplined team.
- Able to hold competent technical discussions with Client representatives
- Able to interface with domain specialists, design managers and construction project managers, in a competent professional manner.
- Broad experience of delivery within major infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of railway systems and / or operation within infrastructure projects / technology development and implementation projects.