REQ-912 Product Design Intern (Open)
City : Toronto
Category : Full time
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Interac
Product Design Intern
As a Design Intern you will be responsible for providing support to the Verified product team through a variety of channels that will support the development of Interac Verified products. As a Product Design Intern, you will report to the Product Designer and help execute design related projects while assisting with research and asset management.
You're Great At...
- Assist with the management of design files and assets within Figma and SharePoint
- Create User Interface (UI) elements for client shareables and internal use
- Prepare images for external distribution and internal teams
- Assist with the collection of qualitative and quantitate research to inform and validate design decisions
- Create test plans and assist with the execution of usability testing
- Occasionally participate in QA testing to ensure the end-product meets design standards
- Support other Product Team projects as assigned
Who Are You?
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS in Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Information Architecture or other related field;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Persuasive communicator – able to explain complex or intangible concepts to stakeholders at all levels;
- Collaborative and team-oriented work approach;
- Passion for technology and design, and the drive to stay on top of industry trends and best practices;
- Good listener – weighs input from multiple perspectives when forming opinions and recommendations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
Must be eligible to work for Interac Corp. in Canada in a Full Time Capacity
Must Have Skills:
- Experience with and/or exposure to Lean UX methods and Agile development processes a plus;
- Baseline understanding of design methodologies, user-experience/interface design, information design, and corporate identity/branding.
- Understand how to ideate and design product experiences for a range of customer contexts and canvas sizes;
- Ability to quickly convert ideas into design artifacts;
- Strong knowledge of design fundamentals such as layout and typography;
- Capacity to lead or operate with a certain level of self-sufficiency when necessary;
- Strong knowledge of typography, layout, color sense and the latest design tools including Figma, PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator;
PLEASE NOTE: to be eligible for Interac internship roles, the candidate must be currently enrolled in a post secondary academic institution.
How we work
We know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with:
Connection: You’re surrounded by talented people every day who are driven by their passion of a common goal.
Core Values: They define us. Living them helps us be the best at what we do.
Compensation & Benefits: Pay is driven by individual and corporate performance and we provide a multitude of benefits and perks.
Education: To ensure you are the best at what you do we invest in you