REQ-609 Platform & Cloud Architect (Open)
City : Toronto
Category : Full time
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Interac
Platform & Cloud Architect
Platform and Cloud Architect will be responsible for development and delivery of comprehensive technical solutions and supporting Platform and Cloud required in a variety of business and technical domains. Platform and Cloud Architects evaluate business goals, provide assessments, set technical directions, conceive technical architectures, design / develop proposals and provide consulting.
Platform and Cloud Architect will be part of a nimble and forward-thinking Architectural team. He/She will use his experience across multiple technology domains including Enterprise Cloud, DevOps and Agile to design solutions for a variety of Digital Transformation initiatives and to manage existing infrastructure. In this role, he/she will directly interface with and manage senior technology professionals, bringing his/her specialized domain expertise to bear on current infrastructure operations work and to act as the prime technical interface for a variety of project initiatives supporting infrastructure initiatives.
Who are you?
• 12+ years relevant experience
• Technical authority and subject matter expertise in relevant areas
• Having comprehensive experience in leading edge technologies within functional and cross functional disciplines
• Capable of performing investigations and evaluation of new technologies, can forecast the necessity and visibility of modifying organization’s technology strategy. Capable of building strategic and tactical roadmaps.
• Have capabilities to influences senior management in setting the organization’s technical objectives though a rational approach
• Have a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a job discipline
• Possess highly specialized skills to expand Interac’s technology footprint and to increase operational efficiencies in support of Interac’s business objectives
• Have a comprehensive knowledge of the industry in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business.
• Can lead cross-segment / functional project teams of initiatives. Acts as a mentor and role model to others within the organization.
• Exercise a high degree of autonomy when making decisions that impact segment or function deliverables. Identifies strategic issues that need to be addressed and convenes appropriate parties to select the optimal path.
• Have sound communication skills to influence peers in the segment / function
• Capable of creating strong business relationships with key stakeholders to enlist their active support.
• Knowledge of design and implementation of enterprise systems, with relevant specialization in infrastructure, cloud & platform (one or more of server, storage, network, information technology architecture, intranet/internet architecture including hosted or hybrid (cloud) solutions, and communication architectures.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to lead teams.
• Provide hands on technical guidance and leadership for development teams and responsible for the technical aspects of a solution introduced into architecture
• Oversee technical implementation of the product end to end
• Own architecture, infrastructure, DevOps migration and integration
• Communicate and resolve cross team dependencies and conflicts. Work with partners and internal business units teams to build and support new systems and client service offerings.
• Translate requirements into architecture that can be implemented and supported by operations.
• Create technology plans and roadmaps tailored to customer requirements.
• Advise on implementation strategies.
• Design and develop systems to automate infrastructure and platform services.
• Assist with developing and defining processes and procedures.
• Site resiliency, disaster recovery and business continuity.
• Participate in security initiative such as PCI DSS
• Degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
• Applicable certifications preferred.
• Private, Public & Hybrid Cloud Architectures using VMWare – Azure, AWS, Google
• Agile and core DevOps practices such as CI/CD
Knowledge and Experience:
· Solution Architecture
· Cloud architecture, Cloud assessment, Well Architected Framework, AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud
· Converged and Hyperconverged Infrastructure
· Ansible & Terraform
· Ci/CD, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory
· Oracle Exadata
· Azure Stack Hub
· Datacenter Networking
· WAN & MPLS solutions
How we work
We know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with:
Connection: You’re surrounded by talented people every day who are driven by their passion of a common goal.
Core Values: They define us. Living them helps us be the best at what we do.
Compensation & Benefits: Pay is driven by individual and corporate performance and we provide a multitude of benefits and perks.
Education: To ensure you are the best at what you do we invest in you