Representative, Athletics Facilities – Regular Part Time
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Regular Part-time
Hours: Up to 24 hours/week (Evenings and Weekends)
Home Campus: Fennell
Pay Band: 06B
Rate of Pay: $17.43
Posting Date: April 14th, 2022
Closing Date: May 25th, 2022 at 7:00 pm EST
Reporting to the Athletics Facilities Supervisor, the incumbent will ensure that customer service and cleanliness of the athletic facilities are aligned with to industry best practice. The incumbent will be required to work evenings and weekends, ensuring that facility and staff standards are met when the Facilities Supervisor is not present. They will guide and assist student staff in completing their job responsibilities. The incumbent will also be responsible for a number of tasks associated with the athletics facilities software management system including processing community memberships, payments and equipment tracking.
The incumbent will also be required to have a knowledge of various sport venue set-ups and tear downs as they will assist with the Varsity Game Day Operations and rental set-ups.
In the absence of the Supervisor, assumes a lead role in maintaining the general operations of the facility ensuring work flow and appropriate coverage, acting as a primary point of contact in emergency situations, and reporting all action taken to the Supervisor.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Athletic operations using Facilities Software Management System
- Customer service including monitoring of gymnasium and fitness centre patrons
- Guide and assist student staff
- Set-up and tear down of athletic events
- Equipment and inventory tracking
Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum of two-year post-secondary education in Health, Wellness & Fitness or Recreation and Leisure or comparable work experience.
- A minimum of one year knowledge of various sports and equipment set-up.
- Valid First-Aid/CPR necessary.
- Knowledge of athletic facilities software management systems.
- High competency in customer service.
- Flexible availability during off-peak season of May-August, able to work variable hours including later evenings and weekends based on facility rental schedule.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community
This position is governed by the applicable legislation of the Province of Ontario. Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required, and will be required to follow Mohawk College’s vaccination policy: https://www.mohawkcollege.ca/covid-19-coronavirus/mohawk-colleges-covid-19-vaccination-policy-statement
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Mohawk College thanks all applicants for their interest in employment; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Mohawk College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the HR Department at 905-575-2047.