Reporting Specialist – Term Position
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5J2M4
Category : Business Operations Specialists
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 189890
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Reporting Specialist will join the financial reporting team in the preparation and coordination of the operations for investment funds including but not limited to; regulatory filings, financial statements, audits, MRFP, expense budgets and MER tracking for the funds, and various ad hoc projects as assigned. The incumbent is expected to perform their various position duties independently under general direction from their manager, and to act within department and Bank policy.
This is an 18 month term position.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Preparation of the financial statements and MRFPs for semi-annual and annual reporting periods
- Assist in the coordination of the annual audits, including liaison with external auditors
- Preparation and review of month-end and quarter-end reporting requirement of the team
- Consult with other departments on various issues that arise, questions, and requests for information
- Coordinate with appropriate groups on fund launches, prospectus renewals and amendment projects
- Manage the review of fund expenses, absorption, and MER calculations
- Be part of the development and mentorship of the junior / co-op team members
- Lead special projects/analyses on an ad hoc basis as assigned by the Manager or Senior Manager
- Assess, recommend, and implement process improvement to operational efficiencies to better support Asset Management Operations
The Must Haves:
- Accounting designation, or working towards CPA or CFA
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of related experience in either an accounting, finance or financial reporting capacity is preferred; experience in fund administration or investment fund experience
- Working knowledge of IFRS standards and National Instrument regulations impacting investment funds
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel & Access)
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if you have:
- Highly motivation, are independent and innovative
- A results-oriented attitude
- Attention to detail and the ability to adhere to time-sensitive deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to adapt and problem solve
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.