Reporter, Mandarin (One Year Contract)
City : Vancouver, BC, CA
Category : News
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Are you in tune with what's important to the Chinese community in British Columbia? Can you get the clips you need to report on relevant and engaging stories? Is communicating on social media second nature to you? If so, you might be the right person for us.
We produce regional and national newscasts on OMNI Television across Canada, to deliver compelling multilingual relevant content to Canadians. As an experienced news professional, you know what content our viewers want and how to deliver compelling stories. As a proven innovator, you know how to emphasize creativity over tradition.
OMNI News is looking for a Mandarin-speaking Reporter to join us for a one-year contract. This person is a passionate and reliable self-starter. You can work independently, but also as part of a diverse newsroom. You will be responsible for working on stories both in the studio and out in the field.
What you will be doing...
- Pitch, chase, write, research and present compelling stories and segments on-air for the local newscasts with an emphasis on content for the Chinese community
- Monitor all news sources and be on top of breaking news and developing situations and assist in breaking news coverage
- Be willing to work multiple shifts including evenings and weekends, if needed
- Increase OMNI’s digital footprint by creating daily news content for OMNI’s digital platforms and website
What you will bring...
- Must be fluent in written and spoken Mandarin, and have familiarity with the culture, needs, and sensibilities of the Chinese community
- Must be able to take direction well and willing to adapt to rapidly changing technology and breaking news
- Experience in news with strong news judgment, good writing skills, knowledge of current events, and excellent communication and people skills
- Degree or Diploma in Journalism or related field and/or equivalent experience an asset
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Working in concert with your manager, a hybrid split between in-office and at-home work
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 180 West 2nd Avenue (810), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 289358
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media