Renewables Engineering Manager
City : Dartmouth
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Renewables Engineering Manager - ( 230001ND )
As energy availability, reliability and security becomes increasingly critical, there’s no end to the scope and significance of your work — and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we’re problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful.
Join our Renewables team and work together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world where we are helping to lead global energy.
Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $5B company but with the agility of a small, specialized group, and work on some of the most challenging, iconic, and cutting-edge projects around the world that are helping to address some of the world’s biggest challenges. You’ll find yourself working with a team of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Join a team that leaves you #FeelingEnergized. Make an impact and be part of the future of Energy.
We are seeking a Renewables Engineering Manager for our Renewables Sector which includes utility scale solar, wind (onshore and offshore), energy storage, and transportation electrification. This role will support projects across North America.
The Renewables Engineering Manager will provide technical leadership on our portfolio of renewables projects and help further develop and grow our renewables sector through the continued growth, development and enhancement of our technical team.
The Renewables Engineering Manager will promote a culture of client service for both internal and external stakeholders, build our strength in understanding and anticipating client needs and expectations, develop and execute strategies to advance the client’s objectives and manage risk, establish priorities, promote alignment across program and project teams, and resolve emergent problems.
You will have the opportunity to lead our multi-discipline team executing projects in our rapidly growing and evolving Renewable Energy sector where we are helping to lead the energy transition projects across North America.
This role can sit anywhere we have a Stantec office in Canada or the United States.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide Engineering Management subject matter expertise to our renewables engineering teams.
- Drive Renewables Engineering best practices and methodology in alignment with our corporate and sector standards and our culture of excellence in executing projects.
- Coordinate with leadership, discipline leads, inter-discipline teams, high value engineering centers, clients, regulatory entities, vendors and sub-contractors.
- Coordinate with leadership to ensure alignment and consistency of project execution. Build and improve upon the Renewables Engineering community.
- Drive client satisfaction by building a culture of excellence and accountability within the Renewables Engineering community.
- Support client relationship management efforts by coaching and mentoring technical staff to enhance their skills and capabilities and how to build and maintain valued and long-lasting relationships with clients.
- Implement effective engineering discipline across our Renewables sector to implement lessons learned, continuous improvement, innovation and industry best practices.
- Identify and resolve project technical gaps (people, processes, and systems) in collaboration with leadership.
- Support leadership in resource management processes, recruitment, succession planning, and coaching/mentoring Renewables technical resources.
- Support and contribute to Renewables proposals as required.
- Supports the mentorship and development of junior staff.
- Achieve utilization target as agreed annually.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- In depth knowledge and experience in engineering management to successfully deliver projects including team management, engineering design process, development of appropriate work breakdown structures, resource management, scheduling, reporting and document controls.
- Strong leader and team player, collaborator, and communicator with strong interpersonal skills and experience in managing a team.
- Engineering design and construction experience with utility scale renewables projects.
- Engineering management experience in leading/delivering projects utilizing various delivery models such as EPC (Engineer Procure Construct), DBB (Design Bid Build), ECI (Early Contractor Involvement) etc.
- Knowledge of multi-discipline engineering services related to renewable projects.
- Experience in business development, proposal, and budget development.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies – act a highly regarded leader, thought partner and a source of counsel and advice.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work across multiple offices and geographies.
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify when a project is in trouble (e.g., deviations from baseline scope, schedule, or budget) and provide guidance on mitigation measures or corrective action to address the problem.
- Ability to travel to US and Canadian offices and client sites, as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizations skills and aptitude for problem solving.
- Proficient in the Microsoft 365 platform including Teams and SharePoint. Expert skills in Microsoft Excel would be a benefit.
Education and Experience
- Preferred B.S. in Electrical, or Civil Engineering disciplines, or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 of experience working managing/leading significant engineering design projects, with at least 3 years of experience in design and development of renewables projects.
- Registration with as a P.Eng. or PE is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1560 Energy-CA Management
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 12, 2023, 7:05:06 AM
Req ID: 230001ND
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans