Renewable Wind Engineer – Energy Transition
City : STONEY CREEK
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Renewable Wind Engineer - Energy Transition - ( 230003H1 )
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Stantec is seeking a Renewable Power and Wind Engineer to support a growing practice meeting the renewable energy needs for our clients in Wind and Solar Power and Energy. We are in an energy transition – design and sustainability attributes of our power generation sources are becoming increasingly important. Our work includes developing new greenfield power facilities as well as the assessment and renewal of existing, historic facilities.
Our goal is to increase the role Stantec plays in the important sectors of Renewable Energy, and resiliency through strengthening our capabilities, improving our effectiveness, growing business opportunities and elevating the Stantec brand recognition.
Join a team that will support you in doing meaningful work to arrive at our goal.
The successful candidate has project and academic leading-edge experience in hybrid approaches to renewable power projects in all phases and keen understanding of stakeholder and environmental considerations in gaining reduced CO2 for our clients utilizing wind energy generation.
Purpose of Job
Work with the Business Center (BC) and other leaders to produce and use appropriate analysis tools. Reporting to the Sector Leader (SL), performs insightful analysis across wind projects, in project delivery teams, and with BC leadership. Work collaboratively with all engineering disciplines in the respective design fields on project opportunities and produce internal and client project deliverables.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Energy analysis and layout of (hybrid) renewable power projects particularly onshore and offshore wind resource assessment and utilization.
- Layout coordination and design of wind projects using Wasp related software for wind projects in Canada including climactic, noise, energy and environmental considerations. Energy management solutions toward H2 and energy transition and net-zero or zero CO2 client project applications. Leads in client project requirement meetings.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project Scope of Work, Design Basis and wind farm layout, noise and energy optimization report documents.
- Participates in constructability review, risk review, value engineering, and lessons learned sessions.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects and projects of peers.
- Provide inputs and assists with development of proposals.
- Client renewable energy project feasibility and business case analysis.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Works well in a team environment without direct supervision.
- Deep understanding of concepts of wind energy and other renewable energy projects and analysis approaches including flow effects, optimization techniques.
- Can interface wind, solar, hydro energy solutions for projects.
- Business and project phasing and management and control experience.
- Project management and education experience.
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with software packages Wasp, WindPro, Vortex, Ansys CFX, Flow – 3D.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in Canada.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #FeelingEnergized
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Organization : BC-1265 Energy-CA Central
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Part-time
Job Posting : Aug 25, 2023, 1:44:37 PM
Req ID: 230003H1
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans