Relief Electrician – Journeyperson
City : Lethbridge
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
JOURNEYMAN RELIEF ELECTRICIAN
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Troubleshoot, maintain, track and repair electrical issues with process and packaging equipment.
Relationships and Contacts
The Maintenance Electrician reports to the Maintenance Electrical Supervisor / Shift Manager. The person will work with all employees in the facility.
- PLC troubleshooting and repair.
- VFD troubleshooting and repair.
- Maintain packaging and process equipment.
- Complete equipment preventative maintenance programs.
- Cover vacations, sick days, etc for 12 hour Shift Electricians.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Using or wearing the protective equipment designated by the accident prevention policy.
- Follow safe work procedures.
- Reporting immediately to their supervisor any unsafe conditions or acts.
- Reporting all accidents or injuries to your supervisor immediately.
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Follow good manufacturing practices and HACCP rules.
- Participate in food safety and quality programs of the facility within the specific role
- Reporting of food safety, food security and quality concerns to the immediate supervisor and action within the role
- Participate in sanitation activities
Qualifications and Abilities
- Work experience in a unionized food processing environment is an asset,
- A strong communicator, both written and oral, who is confident, decisive, able to deal with conflict and yet achieve win-win results,
- Able to work unsupervised,
- A certified Journeyman Electrical diploma,
- PLC programming training / experience in Rockwell format or equivalent,
- Panel builder programming knowledge would be an asset,
- Electronic, AC & DC control circuits and circuit board troubleshooting and repair,
- Experience in maintaining packaging equipment would be an asset,
- Computer literate with knowledge of Excel, Word & Access.
- Seeks out and applies best practices as solutions to correct deficiencies,
- Continues to examine opportunities for personal growth and industry knowledge,
- Ability to walk for 12 hours
- Ability to squat, bend, kneel, reach, twist, use ladders, climb stairs
- Occasional lifting up to 50lb/ 23kg
- Occasional pushing/pulling up to 100lbs/45kg
- Occasional carrying up to 34lbs/15kg
We appreciate your interest in our company!
The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.