Reliability Engineering Co-op – Fort Edward, NY – Summer / Fall 2024
City : Fort Edward
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Paper manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
Reliability Engineering Co-op - Summer / Fall 2024
8 month term preferred, 4 month term potentially available
- Integral roles on projects that really matter
- Real responsibility, from day one
- Opportunity to work in different aspects of the company
- Mentorship from industry-leading experts
- A chance to leave your mark on a growing company
- The ability to have your voice and ideas be heard
- Education Required: Currently enrolled in a 4 year Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree program and have completed at least 2 years
- Must be fluent in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Experience with CAD (AutoCAD LT), Visio, Database, Sharepoint and generally able to manage a multitude of point focus apps would be beneficial, but not required
- Must have a high level of professionalism and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Able to work in a highly organized manner where detail, accuracy, confidentiality, balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines are critical
- Works with Project Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans. Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers. Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
- Participates in the final check out of new installations.
- Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Provides input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
To fulfill this responsibility the Reliability Co-op student will learn to apply:
- Data analysis techniques that can include:
- Statistical Process Control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Six Sigma Methodology
- Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA)
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Works with Production to perform analyses of assets including:
- Asset Utilization
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Remaining useful life
- Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
- Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
- $25.75 -$27.40 per hour, depending on grade level
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Signing incentives for full-time roles for graduating students who have completed a work term within J.D. Irving (if applicable)
- Housing stipend and relocation costs available (if applicable)
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.