City : Sudbury, ON, CAN
Category : See posting
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Vale
Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale in Canada. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably mine critical minerals that power electric vehicles, create renewable energy solutions and help develop life-saving medical equipment is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution
Our Sudbury Operations have been in existence for more than 100 years. With five mines, a mill, a smelter, a refinery and nearly 4,000 employees it is also one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world.
The Port Colborne Refinery was also commissioned 100 years ago on the shore of Lake Erie. Raw materials and finished products from Vale’s Sudbury and Newfoundland and Labrador operations are transported to Port Colborne for processing.
We are currently seeking an Advisor, Reliability to join our Reliability team in Sudbury. This is a permanent position.
As an Advisor, Reliability, you will be responsible for delivering improved performance of the assets by implementing and optimizing the reliability program for the underground mining and/or milling site(s) they support.
Additionally, in this position you will:
- Work multi-functionally in the implementation of a reliability program, which encompasses systems, processes, procedures, standards, critical metrics, analysis, and tools that will improve business value for fixed and mobile assets.
- Identifies and addresses asset reliability issues in the operations ensuring standard methodologies for asset uptime are standardized and shared across the business.
- Works with management teams to ensure compliance to the reliability program and that asset reliability risks are identified and mitigated appropriately.
- Provides recommendations on strategic investment in equipment, technology, and initiatives to optimize asset value.
- Collaborates with management teams and key customers in development of budgets as well as production and shutdown plans.
- Supporting operating sites and leadership teams in developing multi annual asset strategy plans.
- Develops the Asset Strategy (Identifying asset criticality to the business, setting service strategy based on performance required, and driving reliability and cost-effective lifecycle management) using tools like RCM and FMECAs. Strategies cover routine and integrity and are part of baseline strategy review and developed for new assets as part of operational readiness.
- Works with site representatives in Operations, Maintenance and Project teams to determine the appropriate operating standards and mix of preventative and predictive tasks required to optimize the reliable output of the assets.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) and/or Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) certification is preferred
- 5-7 years of maintenance, reliability and/or engineering experience
- Experience with reliability tools (FMEA, Criticality analysis, etc.) developing asset service strategies and managing metrics such as available utilization, OEE, MTBF in a mining or industrial environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Software skills in of MS Office products and CMMS systems (SAP).
- 2-4 years in a Reliability or Maintenance engineering related role
How can Vale grow your career?
The Advisor, Reliability, position will allow the right candidate to shape our mining operations as well as a team of direct reports. Additionally, Vale Canada offers a series of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion and career growth
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Online training and career development opportunities
- Opportunities to advise and oversee the design, budget and construction of new mines and expansions
Difference Makes All the Difference
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Apply by: May 30, 2023]]>