Release Train Engineer / Sr Program Manager
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
RBC is seeking a Release Train Engineer (RTE) / Sr Program Manager within our US Cash Management Data team. This is a green field project to build a brand-new system to serve our corporate clients. The incumbent will work collaboratively with project teams to deliver a whole new bank to our clients. You will be heavily involved in shaping the future technology landscape
What will you do?
- Organizing multiple work streams to deliver against their roadmaps, and syncing with the overall program roadmap
- Managing stakeholders and messaging to Leadership
- High level of general management skills including, but not limited to, leading, negotiating, communicating and team building
- Ability to manage resourcing and financials for a work stream
- Knowledge of Project Management and project delivery methodology
- Managing quarterly PI planning sessions for a work stream including team sub streams and dependencies across the program
- Advanced knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics
- Superior business acumen
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills required to manage communications to all stakeholders
- Advanced ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis
What do you need to succeed?
- 5-7 years’ experience as an RTE, Agile Coach or Scrum Master with broad based projects
- Experience working with Scrum and SAFe methodologies
- Proven experience successfully managing and implementing large scale, high visibility projects with management of large cross-functional project teams
- Previous RBC or Financial Services experience would be an asset
- Proven experience leading large scale, high visibility projects
- Experience in managing projects for Finance at a FI (Preferred)
- Cash Management delivery (Payments / Liquidity / DDA)
- Jira / Confluence
- Mural / collaborative suites
- Cloud services
- Capital Markets technology
- Hardware / software development exposure
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.