City : Dartmouth
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Release Coordinator - ( 23000267 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 26,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our company stronger.
We are seeking a Release Coordinator to be part of the Integrated Business Applications (IBA) Technical Team, supporting the evolution and enhancement of our Oracle E-Business Suite.
As a Release Coordinator, you will partner with our team and existing Release Coordinator, to assist and manage the weekly migration of Oracle on-prem and cloud software and BI solutions to our test and production environments.
This role will be responsible for following Stantec’s Change Management Process and Procedures to migrate software Release Builds into the QA and Production environments. The focus of Release Coordinator will be on balancing effectiveness, compliance, and risk for all changes.
The Release Coordinator will ensure that changes are adhered to the Release Process and the builds have met acceptable standards and other protocols, before pushing the Releases through for implementation.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinating and managing software releases for different applications and systems.
- Coordinating with cross-functional teams, such as development, testing, and operations teams, to ensure the successful delivery of software releases.
- Communicating with stakeholders, including business users, development teams, and operations teams, to provide updates on release activities.
- Identifying and addressing issues that may impact the successful delivery of software releases.
- Efficiently executes all administrative tasks including, but not limited to; document preparation, documentation compliance, record maintenance.
- Monitoring release metrics, such as release frequency, lead time, and deployment success rates.
- Works collaboratively with the management team to assist in prioritization, effective management of releases and emergency changes.
- Effectively communicate highly technical information to functional, technical team members and management.
- Communicate issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Keep clients, peers and managers informed on progress and the status of issues.
- Interact with end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues.
- Effective in interacting with users when designing, documenting, completing, and testing assignments.
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc), with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
- Prior exposure to Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence), Oracle E-business Suite and Fusion Applications and change management / software deployment tools (such as Stat or Remedy) is an asset.
- Familiarity with DevOps set of practices and system development life cycle.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities.
- Able to confidently and discreetly work with confidential information.
- Strong task management and problem-solving skills with multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and documentation skills.
- Ability to learn new technology to support role Automation and scripting would be an asset.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree or certification in information technology, or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Experience with ITIL v3 or greater.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related position.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Quebec-Montréal, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Organization : BC-1371 Integrated Business Applications-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 19, 2023, 1:31:54 PM
Req ID: 23000267
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans