Relationship Manager Intern, Commercial Financial Services
City : CALGARY, Alberta, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the opportunity?
As our Relationship Manager Intern , you are in a proactive, face-to-face client relationship role in RBC’s Commercial Banking platform. The program is based primarily in a Commercial Centre and lasts approximately 9 months. A mentor is assigned to coach you throughout your training. This opportunity prepares you to deliver excellent, responsive, and proactive service to commercial business clients in the areas of accounts, operating services, credit, lending, and deposits. Your training occurs on-the-job, combined with self-study material, interactive online courses, and classroom training.
What will you do?
- Deliver value-added financial advice and solutions that are tailored to your clients
- Leverage sales enabling tools, including sales planning, prospecting, and pre-call planning tools
- Apply a continuous-improvement approach to delivering a superior client experience
- Develop your needs-based sales strategy for all clients and prospects in order to grow revenue, deepen client relationships and achieve a high standard of client loyalty
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in commercial lending preferred, as well as previous banking experience in a relationship management role
- A post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in commerce or business administration, or related experience
- Demonstrated success in a business development role, especially with respect to the acquisition of new clients, prospecting, and cold calling
- Financial statement review and computer modeling and analysis experience
- Experience with emerging communications and technology (i.e., web based meetings, social media, digital banking, and mobile applications)
- Passion for providing quality advice and fulfilling client needs
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and self-motivation to achieve above average results
- Continuous learner with a deep curiosity for understanding his/her diverse customers and is up-to-date with changes in client needs, procedures, and relevant products
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
Job SkillsAdaptability, Business Development, Client Centricity, Collaboration, Communication, Critical Thinking, Curiosity, Financial Acumen, Practice Management
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.