Relationship Manager, BCMU (Bilingual, Spanish & English)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 159034
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Relationship Manager, Business Continuity Management you will contribute to the overall success of the Business Continuity Management function globally, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are following governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
The Business Continuity Management Unit works as part of the larger enterprise Crisis Management program, providing oversight for overall business continuity planning. Participates in the on-call program. Partners with and supports LIMTs on events that may impact them. Ensures documentation is current and relevant. The Business Continuity Management Relationship Manager will work closely with the Senior Manager and Manager-Lead, Business Continuity Management on the creation, management, and sustainment of a comprehensive enterprise-wide Business Continuity Management program, ranging from program enhancements to incident management response.
What your role will be:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Completes business continuity plan reviews within the assigned portfolio ensuring 100% of reviews due/scheduled are completed per year.
- Provides support and recommendations to Planners and Plan Owner’s based on BCM Policy, BCMU Mandate and industry best practices.
- Complete review of plans prior to semi-annual reporting and update spreadsheet to facilitate accurate reporting.
- Facilitate or lead 8 tabletop exercises per year. Ensure all issues raised are closed by the Planner/Plan Owner or LIMT Co-Ordinator. Tabletops can be completed for Plans or LIMTs.
- Provide 24/7 incident management On-Call support per schedule. Following up until issue/event is closed.
- Partners with relevant stakeholders across the Bank on the implementation of a governance structure that spans the business continuity lifecycle, including the creation and enhancement of business continuity management programs and systems.
- Supports the Senior Manager and Director of the BCMU as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with focus on the ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of the Business Continuity Management function
- Leads and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders on processes focused on Business Continuity Management, with the objective to create an improved end state by:
- Contribute to and/or reviewing communication material, including BCMU status, quarterly Continuum, BCM documents, including but not limited to the BCM Policy, Mandate and Planner’s Guide, ensuring content is applicable to target audiences and aligns with overall program objectives
- Working closely with the Senior Manager and Director, Business Continuity Management, and other members of BCMU and ECM, identify special projects that are in line with the strategic objectives of the group and that serve to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of Business Continuity Management
- Working closely with the Senior Manager and Director, Business Continuity Management to help identify and lead the organization's response to a major disruptive event. Support the Senior Manager and Director in all aspects of the role.
- Working as a collaborative and strategic partner to business lines to increase their preparation for, and ability to manage incidents that may impact their operations.
- Participate in external peer group meetings as assigned; document and share key outcomes.
- Provide BCP training, tool, best practices, policy, and mandate.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to business continuity regulations and best practices, operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Skills you already have:
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.