Registered Pharmacy Technician – Afternoon Shift
City : Richmond Hill, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:100 East Beaver Creek Road, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 1J6
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
We are hiring a Registered Pharmacy Technician for Central Pharmacy Services Vial in Richmond Hill.
Reporting directly to the Production Team Lead, The Registered Pharmacy Technician will ensure that the prepared prescriptions are accurate and prepared promptly.
What You'll Do
- Practice within federal/provincial regulatory/legal requirements, provincial Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice, and Policies demonstrating professional integrity and acting to uphold a high level of professional standard of practice.
- Conduct product verification on all prescriptions prepared to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all prescription orders before delivery.
- Verify prescriptions using pharmacy systems
- Assist with prescription fulfillment, as required
- Prepare and package medications
- Ensure the product in each vial is correct and correctly labeled
- Prepare prescriptions for delivery
- Operate and maintain the prescription automation equipment used to generate and produce prescriptions for client pharmacies
- Ensure that the machines have the correct and necessary supply of medication within the dispensing unit to prepare vials
- Clean and maintain the equipment when necessary to ensure optimal performance.
- Support inventory management and ensure proper stock levels
- Ensure proper storage, handling, disposal of drugs, and return to the stock procedure following SOPs
What You'll Need
- Valid license to practice in the province
- A minimum of 1 year of continuous work experience as a Registered Pharmacy Technician in a pharmacy environment (Long Term Care, Hospital, or Retail)
- Experience with high-volume filling environments is an asset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player and leadership skills
- Must be able to complete work with minimum supervision
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.