Regional Manager, Governance
City : MONTRÉAL, Quebec, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As a key member of the RBC Phillips, Hager & North Investment Counsel (RBC PH&N IC) team, you will help build and manage our premier investment counselling franchise. You will provide leadership and guidance on processes related to the management of client investment portfolios including client discovery, Investment Policy Statement (IPS) suitability, asset allocation, portfolio construction, risk alerts, and performance. You will support the Managing Director and will be accountable for upholding high standards of governance, while at the same supporting Investment Counsellors in delivering tailored and exceptional service to high net worth clients. A key focus of the role will be to leverage and enhance the firm’s processes to facilitate the quick identification and mitigation of business risks.
What will you do?
- Proactively participate in regional/national projects that seek to continuously improve portfolio management
- Conduct pre-approval reviews of all IPS' within 12 hours of receipt
- Act as a key liaison between Investment Counsellor teams and Portfolio Risk Advisors
- Review the weekly Portfolio risk dashboard, working collaboratively with each Investment Counsellor team to establish and implement resolution plans
- Ensure Investment Counsellor teams are kept current on changing policies and procedures
- Disseminate best practices with regards to portfolio management and trading systems: MACs, Burton, FMC
- Act as a key resource for Investment Counsellors and Associate Portfolio Managers regarding complex files based on a good understanding of portfolio theory, the tax and regulatory environment, and related wealth management considerations
- Maintain mandatory governance reporting such as ensuring client reviews are documented at least one a year
- Conduct quarterly office audits within the region and prepare subsequent audit report for the Managing Director’s review
What do you need to succeed?
- CFA charterholder or 2023 Level III candidate in the CFA Program administered by the CFA Institute
- University degree, preferably in Business or Economics
- Bilingualism (English and French) required, as you will regularly do business with partners across Canada
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the investment industry
- Ability to communicate market and portfolio management issues with confidence
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment
- Strong independent leadership and change management skills
- Experience with Canadian Wealth Management operating systems, an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.