Regional First Line Sales Capability Manager – West / Atlantic
City : Canada Posting Location 30
Category : Other
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : GSK
Posted Date: Jan 31 2024
*the selected candidate will be based out of British Columbia or Alberta*
Field Capability Manager Role Overview:
The Field Capability Manager will partner across business stakeholders to contribute to defining sales priorities and will drive innovative initiatives to accelerate skill development of the General Medicines sales teams. Working in conjunction with the Regional Sales Director and District Sales Managers, the Field Capability Manager will accelerate impact in new hire onboarding and regional/district training workshops. Their work will amplify and scale sales capabilities at pace to achieve strong sales performance.
An important focus of this role will be spent as a partner to Sales Managers in coaching representatives in-field across the region to execute with urgency and strategic business thinking through a strong leadership presence. The Field Capability Manager will report to the Regional Sales Director and will be a significant contributor to the Regional Sales Leadership team. Success in this role will prepare the individual for future people leadership roles such as First Line Sales Leader.
Details (Your) Responsibilities:
- Actively support the regional leadership team to drive a culture of leadership, support, excellence, innovation, and best practice sharing among the sales team.
- Identify, develop, and implement agile training solutions to enhance the Sales team’s capabilities aligned to the Sales Capability Framework.
- Effectively collaborate with the GSK cross-functional team: Marketing, Medical Education, Selling Excellence to drive strategic activities aligned to the region’s success.
- Partner with Sales Managers and support in-field coaching aligned to the individual’s specific coaching plan to improve in-call excellence and strategic business ownership capabilities.
- Keep current on relevant matters including company business, policy, and procedures to insure 100% compliant implementation when coaching.
- Conduct learning needs assessments in collaboration with the business to clearly understand and define the capability gaps.
- Support the Regional Sales Director and Sales Managers to plan and conduct sales meetings to inform, train, and motivate representatives.
- Support the Sales Managers and Selling Excellence Lead in new Sales Rep onboarding training.
- Approximately 60-70% field coaching including attendance at national and regional meetings, overnight travel will be required. The candidate must hold a valid driver’s license.
- This role supports the sales teams in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and PEI.
- The ideal location for this role would be British Columbia or Alberta.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical sales with experience in selling to specialists
- Seasoned leader of cross-functional teams and contributor in leadership teams
- Demonstrated success to exceed sales targets
- Experience in coaching to Selling Ways: Customer Engagement and Business Ownership
- Base understanding and experience of the end-to-end learning process i.e. learning needs assessment, program design & delivery and learning evaluation & assessment
- Proven ability to listen and interpret customer needs and then translate into an effective offering
- Track record of strong project management skills across small to medium scale projects
- Experience of leading ‘development’ initiatives i.e., training, coaching, learning initiatives
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at email@example.com. Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.