Regional Director & Head, GBP Sales – US
City : New York City, NY, US, 77002
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 171515
Salary Range: 168,000.00 - 275,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Position: Regional Director & Head, GBP Sales - US, Global Business Payments “GBP” Sales
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
Leads and oversees the Global Business Payments (GBP) Sales team in the United States of America, responsible for the development of multi-product transaction banking business with existing and prospect Corporate clients ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
What You’ll Do
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to initiate or deepen transaction banking relationships with Global Banking & Markets (GBM) existing and prospect corporate clients in partnership with Corporate Banking colleagues.
- The Sales responsibilities in the assigned geographical region comprises multiple product verticals both with direct & indirect reporting lines: (i) Payments incl. Commercial Card & Cash Management Sales (ii) Deposits & investments (iii) Network Management – Correspondent Banking and (iv) Trade Finance.
- Responsible for the development & profitable growth of all products across the transaction banking business unit in the assigned region through sales origination, relationship management, and client servicing of a multi-industry portfolio.
- Promote business development to maximize revenues and returns in line with both business line and the Group’s strategy by focusing on core markets and core solutions across the network. Identify, influence, and execute on new products/services initiatives, including supporting the product launch in the assigned Region.
- Leverage the Bank’s Americas footprint to connect and refer our primary customers not only within the assigned region but across our core markets by keeping abreast of product offerings from other markets and business lines and in collaboration with the Global Solutions group.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of GBP products & services and keep abreast of market trends, competitors’ products/initiatives and other areas affecting payments & cash management, deposits & investments, and commercial card.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Code of Conduct.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment, communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years’ experience in a Sales, Product/Account Management, or credit risk analysis roles within a banking environment.
- Strong understanding and competence in transaction banking products including payments, US cash management & trade finance.
- Success in managing a team (>5 people) and meeting/exceeding stated growth and return objectives.
- Minimum degree qualification in a relevant subject.
- Knowledge of Spanish would be desirable but not essential.
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.