Regional Administrative Specialist
City : Gatineau, QC, CA, J1L2G5
Category : Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175777
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As top talent in today’s market, we appreciate you have choices. We understand that you’re carefully evaluating everything we have to offer before hitting the ‘submit resume’ button. We know that you are looking for an opportunity and an employer that will enable you to take a purposeful and balanced approach to achieving both professional and personal goals. You expect to be treated like a person, not a number and are seeking more than just a job - you’re seeking a team and a leader that will challenge you, support you, and encourage you to be more than you ever thought possible. If this sounds like the type of environment you’ve been looking for, read on.
How You Will Contribute:
Reporting to the Manager, Regional Administration, as a Regional Administrative Specialist, you will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support to assist Financial Consultants and Portfolio Managers.
• You will be accountable for the preparation and processing of client documentation and inputting transaction requests as directed by Advisors and Portfolio managers.
• You will work with a Advisors, as well as a larger Regional team of Administrators.
• You will be responsible for maintaining the currency and accuracy of the client contact database, ensuring all applicable information and notes are recorded correctly.
• You will play an important role in booking and preparing files for client meetings, responding to time-sensitive requests from Advisors during client meetings, preparing correspondence and ensuring a quick and efficient response to all inquiries from current and prospective clients regarding MD products and services.
• You will maintain a follow-up system for inquiries and issues, ensuring expeditious resolution based on MD specified service standards.
• You’ll support and participate in the research and resolution of a variety of client concerns as well as contributing to special projects, as required.
• You will ensure that monthly compliance-related tasks, such as compliance reporting logs and following up on non-compliant paperwork, are completed efficiently.
• You will liaise with Accountants and third parties to provide tax documents or statements as requested.
• You will perform general office duties, including reception coverage, when required.
What MD Expects of You:
• A commitment to an exceptional client experience – using your ability to quickly and clearly understand the client’s perspective, you will provide timely and accurate responses to a myriad of queries.
• A sense of urgency – what’s important to the client is equally important to you. You thrive on getting things done and done well.
• The flexibility to work independently and as part of a broader team.
• You embrace change – thriving in a diverse environment of ever-changing and competing priorities.
• A dedication to organizational efficiency – maintaining a strong attention to detail coupled with the ability to follow up and follow through in a results-oriented fashion
The Must Haves:
• College diploma in business, commerce or equivalent
• Demonstrated knowledge of the financial services industry and rules regarding estates, trusts, RESPs, RRSPs/RRIFs, TFSAs, non-registered investments and applicable tax-related issues
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Working knowledge of CRM2
• We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to achieve such.
• We believe an inclusive and diverse work environment makes for happy and productive employees.
• We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families.
• We know that financial security is important to you and we’re here to help – competitive salaries and incentive programs, a defined contribution pension plan and an employee share option purchase program.
• We realize time away to recharge is a non-negotiable – we offer a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with MD. Our team environment ensures you’re able to take time off without worrying about your clients.
• We understand that cost-effective banking solutions mean more money in your pocket – through our partnership with Scotia, we offer a variety of preferred banking, credit card, mortgage and home/auto insurance options and discounts.
• We love discounts. Through the WorkPerks program, as an employee of MD you’ll have access to thousands of discounts with various vendors across Canada.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Gatineau || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.