Recreation Facility Staff – Revised Job Description and Wage!
City : Banff
Category : Sally Borden Fitness and Recreation
Industry : Charitable and Non-profit
Employer : Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
Recreation Facility Staff - Revised Job Description and Wage!
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.
We acknowledge, with deep respect and gratitude, our home on the side of Sacred Buffalo Guardian Mountain. In the spirit of respect and truth, we honour and acknowledge the Banff area, known as “Minhrpa” (translated in Stoney Nakoda as “the waterfalls”) and the Treaty 7 territory and oral practices of the Îyârhe Nakoda (Stoney Nakoda) – comprised of the Bearspaw, Chiniki, and Goodstoney Nations – as well as the Tsuut’ina First Nation and the Blackfoot Confederacy comprised of the Siksika, Piikani, Kainai. We acknowledge that this territory is home to the Shuswap Nations, Ktunaxa Nations, and Metis Nation of Alberta, Region 3. We acknowledge all Nations who live, work, and play, help us steward this land, and honour and celebrate this place.
The Sally Borden Fitness and Recreation Centre is looking for experienced Recreation Facility Staff to provide exceptional customer-service at the reception desk and throughout the facility.
- Greet customers with high level of customer service
- Process and maintain accurate fitness membership records, merchandise sales as well as end-of day cash outs
- Assist with coordinating facility and program bookings and maintaining data entry records
- Produce photo ID cards for members, artists, faculty and staff
- Enforce facility policies and procedures, including cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- Perform pool operations tasks to AHS standards, water treatment, chemical balancing and related record keeping
- Respond to water contamination issues as needed
- Assist in accurate inventory of chemicals and cleaning supplies
- Administer emergency first aid, as required, to ensure the safety of all guests
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Possess Certified Pool Operator Certificate or willingness to complete Certified Pool Operator course (successful candidates who do not possess certificate will need to complete Certified Pool Operator course prior to beginning employment at Banff Centre's cost)
- Possess current Canadian qualifications for Standard First Aid with Level "C" CPR and AED, and Oxygen Administration
- Post-Secondary Diploma
- 1-3 years' experience in a similar role
- Basic computer skills
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
- There are specific clothing requirements for this position.
- Candidates must provide copies of all required qualifications before a final job offer can be made and must re-certify qualifications if they expire within 6 months of starting employment.
- A vulnerable sector check is required for this position
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, hourly support staff position, subject to a 500 hour probation period.
- This position pays $18.81 to $22.59 per hour based on experience, working up to 37.5 hours per week on a rotating schedule. The weekly hours will vary based on business needs.
- Benefits of working at Banff Centre are:
- Staff housing options (based on availability)
- Professional development
- Staff cafeteria and restaurant discounts
- Onsite fitness facility at a discounted rate – first month free for new staff!
- We are accepting applications for the Recreation Facility Staff position until suitable candidates have been found.
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check, and vulnerable sector check, verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
- Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Banff Centre is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.