Recreation Coordinator Remote Sites (612320010
City : Calgary
Category : Full-time Customer Service
Industry : Hospitality
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Assist in the development, implementation and facilitation of recreational programs including programs for the remote site, by providing leadership, administrative assistance.
- Develop individualized fitness and health plans for clients (fitness, diet, smoking cessation)
- Establish and maintain professional internal and external relationships by communicating information about recreational programs in a timely and professional manner. This includes the maintenance of current social media tools or advertisements for camp.
- Participate in providing administrative support for recreational programs and the main office by assisting with adequate office coverage, answering phones, completing reports including facility attendance and maintenance reports, assisting with the coordination of annual pool maintenance, conducting data entry into software programs, administering instructional assignments and test sheets, and completing timesheets for payroll in the absence of the managers of the site.
- Oversee and coordinate the instructional programs for the camp. This includes scheduling, booking and groups for the gym or personalized training.
- Assist in the facilitation of annual special events such as Canada Day and Provincial holidays to create and explore opportunities for involvement in additional community events.
- Establish ongoing, effective partnerships with local Aboriginal groups and community organizations to gain support for our programs, especially related to health and wellness.
- Maintain professional relationships and certifications from partnership agencies
- Protect health and the health and safety of others by adopting and supporting safe work measures and reporting any unsafe condition(s) immediately.
- Work in collaboration with the Retail and Recreation Manager, the role will include monitoring and maintaining accurate records to ensure programs operate within budget.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Minimum College Diploma in Recreation Program Management or Leisure Studies is a strong asset
- Current First Aid and CPR-AED Certification
- CESP, BCRPA or CanfitPro certification
- Ability to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Check (Criminal Record Check)
- Valid Drivers License)
- Experience working with remote sites environments in an instructional or recreational setting.
- Providing excellent customer service and processes to meet quality standards.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures (for example,
- Municipal Act and Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Act).
- Functional ability to work with various computer software programs including
- Microsoft Outlook, Office, etc.
- Capable of demonstrating strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Possess strong administration and accurate record keeping skills.
What Makes Sodexo Different:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater because we believe our everyday actions have a big impact. You belong in a company that allows you to act with purpose and thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- An award-winning employer for Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility, and much more. View Sodexo’s latest awards here
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests, and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. We require that all new hires in hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may require any other new hires to be fully vaccinated based on the location and scope of their employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
Instagram: Sodexo Canada (@sodexocanada)
Twitter: Sodexo Canada (@SodexoCanada)
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo Canada | Facebook