City : SUDBURY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant - ( 230004ZR )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
The Sudbury, Ontario, office is seeking an experience receptionist/administrative assistance to provide high level front desk, administration, and customer service support to the local Office Manager as well as a variety of support services to the Regional Business Leader (RBL) and other leaders of our Canadian Mining, Minerals and Metals business.
This collaborative role requires a responsive and detailed oriented professional who can effectively manage and prioritize their work in a rapidly changing work environment.
You will report directly to the RBL and will be responsible to support key areas of the business. The successful candidate must have confidence in dealing with a wide range of clients (both internal and external) and business partners, will prepare a variety of internal and external documents, including strategic business plans, financial summaries, sales reports and forecasts, presentations, procedures, meeting minutes, memorandums, and external communications as needed.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Create a great first impression, and interface in a professional and positive manner while greeting clients, staff and vendors both in person and over the phone including managing the visitor registration process.
- Answer phone and effectively route calls.
- Handle conference room scheduling and set-up conference rooms for meetings.
- Arrange and coordinate local and in office events.
- Receive and process incoming mail and courier packages, prepare and send outgoing mail and couriers.
- Maintain the reception area and conference rooms.
- Invoicing – scanning into the AP system and invoice coding, and ordering office supplies.
- Respond to staff needs in a timely and effective manner.
- Building Maintenance/Housekeeping – tracking/reporting maintenance/housekeeping issues to property management team.
- Assist with supporting office health & safety protocols.
- Prepare and/or review internal and external presentations, communications and other documents.
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials.
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare organizational and flow charts in Microsoft Visio.
- Record, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes.
- Manage schedules and calendars and track ongoing commitments and upcoming deadlines for the business.
- Support BC leadership as required.
- Develop and lead special initiatives as requested.
- Physical presence in the Sudbury, Ontario, office is required on a full time basis (4 days/week).
- Occasional travel may be required (<5%).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Availability 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday.
- Customer-service orientated, able to create a positive and professional first-impression in all interactions, especially with clients and industry third-parties.
- Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail-orientated, strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines.
- Resourceful, able to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions or suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to organize and manage a variety of tasks and activities while maintaining flexibility and demonstrated follow-up skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio, as well as Adobe.
- Able to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- The ability to lift 15-25lbs (office supplies, cases of paper)
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma, however, business administration diploma from an accredited college would be considered and asset or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of professional experience operating in an administrative office support/receptionist capacity with demonstrated skill to support a business effectively.
Position will primarily work in an office setting.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 13, 2023, 8:55:12 AM
Req ID: 230004ZR
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans