Rapid Mobile Case Manager – Reaching Home – Temporary Full Time (Up to 18 Months)
City : Hamilton, ON
Category : TFT (Contract over 9 months),Reaching Home
Industry : Social Assistance
Employer : Good Shepherd
HOURS - Shifts are Monday to Friday (9:00am to 5:00pm) with one late shift (11:00am to 7:00pm) per week on a set schedule. One Saturday day shift (9:00am to 5:00pm) once approximately every six weeks. Some flexibility in work hours may be required.
Who We Are
The work of Good Shepherd is based on a fundamental belief in providing hope and restoring dignity to the most vulnerable members of our community. Our services include emergency food transitional housing and education for homeless and street-involved youth; hospice palliative care; community mental health programs; and supportive housing programs. We are committed to integrating Harm Reduction practices into our programs and to prioritizing the rights, dignity, and choices of those who use substances. By integrating a Harm Reduction framework at Good Shepherd, we can decrease barriers to service and better support some of our community's most marginalized members.
This opportunity is with our Good Shepherd - Family Centre
How You Will Make an Impact
The successful candidate will extend our mission to residential and non-residential clients through the provision of respectful and appropriate housing support services. This may include case management, crisis intervention and supportive counseling. The incumbent must be able to work independently in a challenging and rewarding values-based environment.
- Support youth, women and families to secure permanent housing while facilitating services and supports that promote housing stability
- Housing-focused short-term case management, education, and advocacy
- Provide 6 to 9 months of targeted case management and supports in an effort to increase housing stability and prevent future housing loss.
- Partner with various agencies to leverage and coordinate assets and services available in the City of Hamilton to ensure that service users have their individualized housing and support needs met
- Work takes place in the office, overflow hotels, emergency shelters, and in the community
- Accompany service users to community appointments, apartment viewings, and will attend service users' homes for home visits
- Must be willing and able to assist service users in a hands-on capacity
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- Post-secondary education in Social Service or a related field is required
- Minimum 1-year related experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in Social Services or a related field
- Minimum 1-year experience working in community outreach or emergency shelter setting preferred
- Have strong knowledge of and experience working with a range of issues impacting youth, women, and families including homelessness, violence against women and children, immigration, poverty, mental illness and substance use
- Commitment to and experience working within a person-centered, trauma-informed, harm reduction and housing first framework
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, verbal and written communication, time management and organization, and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- CPR certification or willingness to be certified is required
- Valid G license required
- Fluency in a 2nd language is an asset
- Committed to anti-racist/anti-oppressive practice and to the mission and values of Good Shepherd
What We Offer
- Be a part of a caring TEAM THAT SUPPORTS OUR LOCAL COMMUNITY
- Support for continuing EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Staff recognition programs along with access to self-care supports and EMPLOYEE /
- FAMILY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
- POSITIVE and ENCOURAGING atmosphere
- Make a difference and provide HOPE
- Extended benefits
Good Shepherd, a ministry of the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God, is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
Good Shepherd welcomes and encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you need accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 905-528-5877.
Good Shepherd has a mandatory verification of COVID-19 vaccination policy. More information on the full policy requirements and accommodation allowances will be provided to those selected for an interview.