Québec Senior Indigenous Relations Spcialist
City : Rivières
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Québec Senior Indigenous Relations Spcialist - ( 2300045D )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 28,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Reporting to the Vice President, Indigenous Business and Relations, the Senior Indigenous Relations Specialist, will uphold Stantec’s corporate Indigenous Relations Practice and will manage the organization’s approach to fostering and strengthening relationships with Indigenous Peoples, communities, and businesses in the Quebec region.
This position will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating the full range of Stantec’s Indigenous community engagement and relationship management initiatives, including active and future projects. The successful candidate will be involved as an advisor in the regulatory, planning and management aspects of projects and in providing assistance in the continued development of business opportunities throughout the Quebec region. In concert with the fully integrated operational and project teams at Stantec, the Senior Indigenous Relations Specialist will also be expected to liaise with Indigenous communities and businesses as well as with external stakeholders, regulators, landowners, new and prospective clients, government and non-government agencies, and others with interest in Stantec projects.
This position will work collaboratively with operational and functional services leadership across the Quebec region to deliver on Indigenous relations goals including, identifying business opportunities, Indigenous staff recruitment and retention, engagement with Indigenous communities and organizations, and strengthening internal awareness of Indigenous cultures, histories, and issues.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Participates in short and long-range planning, establishing Indigenous related priorities and business development opportunities;
- Engages and collaborates with local, regional and national leaders in Indigenous engagement to inform strategy and practice, gaining an understanding of trends and developments and how they may impact Stantec, our partners and clients;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Indigenous leadership and communities in the Quebec Region;
- Act as a central coordination point for the navigation of relationships and partnerships between Stantec and Indigenous communities and businesses;
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to implement strategies and recommendations to continually strengthen Indigenous engagement and consultation in a manner that promotes collaboration and transparency with Indigenous communities and the company in order to realize identified business opportunities;
- Participate in Stantec’s Indigenous relations strategies, including the identification of potential business opportunities with Indigenous groups;
- Actively represent the company on industry association working groups and at business development related events;
- Collaborate with Indigenous communities and Stantec business units and contractors to identify and develop opportunities for building capacity, business development and employment;
- Creates and maintains effective working relationships with Stantec business developers, relationship managers, and account managers working on Indigenous focused projects and initiatives;
- Develop and implement Indigenous related participation and engagement plans, as required;
- Identifying, tracking, and monitoring issues, concerns, and interests identified by Indigenous groups;
- Supports Stantec practitioners to develop effective, respectful and sustainable relationships with Indigenous communities, organizations and businesses, developing an understanding of their needs, priorities and activities so that Stantec can continue to grow as a thought leader and solution provider;
- Ensures that Stantec’s project management processes are followed (e.g., internal work orders signed, signing authorities are correct, project setup, etc.;
- Travel within the Region will be required;
- Performs other related duties.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- In-depth knowledge of the history and present-day context of Indigenous Peoples in Quebec and other jurisdictions in Canada, including governments and organizations;
- Experience with Indigenous knowledge systems and worldviews;
- Demonstrated experience in Indigenous Relations program development, implementation and management, along with strong communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Experience building partnerships and working with Indigenous businesses, community members, governments, and organizations;
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability;
- Must possess strong facilitative, negotiation, influencing, written communication and presentation skills;
- Must demonstrate good judgement, ability to deal with complex and sensitive issues, and communicate and collaborate effectively.
Education and Experience
- Successful candidates in this position may come from a variety of academic backgrounds;
- A 4-year university degree with 8 years’ related experience with two more years in a professional consulting context OR
- Technical diploma/certification with extensive years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Candidates with less applicable experience, may be considered at a different level.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods. Travel to Indigenous communities, to Stantec offices in Quebec and attendance at conferences and events will be required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Quebec-Montréal
Other Locations : Canada-Quebec-Chicoutimi, Canada-Quebec-Amos, Canada-Quebec-Rimouski, Canada-Quebec-Val-d'Or, Canada-Quebec-Trois-Rivières, Canada-Quebec-Québec
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1671 Regional Services-CA Quebec
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 17, 2023, 6:07:41 AM
Req ID: 2300045D
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans