Quality Lead Inspector-CAN POE
City : Windsor, Ontario
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
BNA was selected to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the CAD$5.7 billion (approximate US$4.4 billion) Gordie Howe International Bridge project for Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA).
When completed, the bridge will be the longest cable-stayed bridge in North America. The project includes a bridge and border crossing spanning the Detroit River and connecting Detroit, Michigan, U.S., and Windsor, Ontario, Canada, by linking Interstate 75 and Interstate 96 in Michigan with the new extension of Highway 401 (Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway) in Ontario. The scope also includes building new, state-of-the-art ports of entry on both the U.S. and Canadian sides of the Detroit River as well as improvements to existing infrastructure in both Michigan and Ontario.
Quality Inspectors are fully conversant with applicable Industry standards, specifications, and fabrication processes to be inspected. Site Quality inspectors will report to their respective Component Quality Managers.
QA/QC Inspectors report for Quality purposes to their respective Component QA/QC Manager.
• Perform the Inspections and Tests in accordance with the approved ITPs and produce the pertaining quality records.
• Verify that test equipment is properly calibrated and maintained as required by the Construction Quality Management Plan.
• Initiate/issuance of Internal Non-Compliance Report once a non-conformity situation has been detected.
• Carry out quality control/ quality assurance activities identified in this CQMP and ITPs. Generate daily Quality Surveillance Reports to track their site activities assessing compliance of the work inspected with the relevant specifications/requirements. Identify in their QSR detected deficiencies and follow up for closure.
• Evaluate and document the quality of Construction Work performed by BNAC Canada, Suppliers and/or Subcontractors, including conformance with PA requirements, and RFC drawings and specifications, fulfilling all the QA/QC assigned activities in the related Inspection and Test Plan.
• Coordinate and attend as required sampling and testing activities with the laboratories and subcontractors as per ITP.
• Identify and report non-compliant Construction Work and supplied product when discovered, and review/ monitor/verify implementation of the disposition for closure of non-Compliances.
• Control the further processing, delivery, installation, or use of non-compliant Construction Work or supplied product until the unsatisfactory conditions are corrected.
• Coordinate quality activities with Construction and any other agency having jurisdiction, including Utilities and Governmental Authorities (Attendance and release of Hold/Witness points).
• Prepare, review and maintain test reports and other quality records pertaining to their assigned portion of work on each Inspection and Test Plan.