City : Ottawa, ON
Category : Full time Labourer
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are an experienced Telecom Construction Inspector with 3-5 years of experience in aerial and civil construction with an in-depth understanding of Fibre to The Home architecture. You will perform general QA duties and complete daily reporting. You have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and can adapt to new software as required. Under the direction of the Quality Manager, Construction you will create and present training programs to address reoccurring quality issues identified during audits.
Apply Now! Join our Technical Services team in Ottawa/Belleville, ON today!
- Working on site daily (in varied weather conditions) to ensure client standards are met including correct depth of facilities placed, accurate location of vaults/handholes and pedestals as well as the customer ducts and face
- Prepare reports and documents and maintain project records
- Update on-line reporting while collaborating with construction team members
- Keeps assigned vehicle consistently clean and organized and completes daily reporting
- Makes recommendations for improvements based on quality findings
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment and adheres to Book-7 traffic control
- Experience working in underground and overhead utility construction with a focus on CSA, Bell and Hydro standards in Ontario
- Capable of reading telecommunication plans and work instructions from Engineering Design
- At least 3-5 years of experience working directly in a Utility environment
- Strong time management skills with the ability to maintain spreadsheets and attend team meetings
- Technically adept with a strong ability to learn quickly, analyze information, and problem solve
- Capable of creating short training presentations to address gaps identified during field audits.
- Clean drivers abstract
- Applicants that reside in Ontario will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Some travel will be required to site and/or other office locations
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions with 50-60 lb lifting requirements
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.