Quality Engineering Manager
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M2H0A1
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Systems Software
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 166452
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
The Quality Engineering (QE) Manager provides support to the Sr. Manager, Quality Engineering and/or Director, Quality Engineering and is responsible for the oversights and coordination of testing and quality engineering activities within the banking domain. Responsibilities include leading and supervising of the test channels and/or testing team ensuring testing strategy, design, execution, defect management and resourcing are executed and delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Day-to-day supervision of the test channels and/or testing team, including the overseeing of the following type of testing: Functional Testing (including automation), Integration Testing, Services Testing, Regression Testing, Accessibility Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Production Acceptance Testing and other types of testing as required.
- Coach and provide mentorships to testing team members in various areas including business domain, functional testing, automation and non-functional testing while ensuring the test teams are compliant with Tangerine test methodologies and industry best practices.
- Manage and lead testing activities for multiple large scale enterprise-wide programs/projects for Tangerine that are executed in Waterfall or Agile methodology
- Assess the risks associated with the development aspects of each solution/project and define approach for automation, services and manual testing and institute change within the team. Document testing risks and provide mitigation and contingency plans from testing standpoint.
- Drive delivery excellence for test channels and/or testing teams under own umbrella by providing governance and continuous improvement, thereby generating high quality outcomes.
- Collect strategic, technical and operational test metrics. Analyze current defects and test execution trends and extrapolate data for predictive analysis.
- Work with people of varied level within QE and/or outside of QE Team including Business/Product, Engineering, PMO, Release Management, Design, etc. to meet key objectives and advocate for quality.
- Accountable for team’s adherence to governance and processes, timely management of any issue or escalation and facilitates overall escalation processes.
- Manage and review documentation and creating of testing artifacts (e.g., test strategies, plans, estimates, test cases, metrics/dashboard, defects log/report, sign-offs) to ensure artifacts adhere to prescribed standards and audit requirement.
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Engineering
- 10+ years of solid experience working within SDLC/TDLC
- 8+ years of solid testing experience within the capacity of Software Quality Engineering with at least 2+ year experience managing multiple QE teams
- Proficient testing background in the Canadian financial services industry
- Experience with Mobile and Web technologies
- Solid understanding of test process methodologies and tools
- In-depth understanding of software development methodologies and practices
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple testing teams for functions/projects. Experience in managing on-shore, off-shore resource model
- Strong analytical skills with ability to structurally challenge assumptions or ideas
- Extensive experience test planning and management tooling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and MS Project)
- Competent in/working knowledge with various tools including Defect Management Tools, Requirement Management Tools, Test Management and Planning Tools, Web Content Management tools and concepts, Banking systems and their integration
- Hands on experience with Test Automation using Selenium, Cucumber or similar
- Proficient within API REST/SOAP testing and experience using related tools, SoapUI, Postman, ReadyAPI, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD and related tools and techniques; Jenkins/Dockers/Kubernetes an asset
- CTFL, ISTQB,CSQA,CSTE good to have
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.