Quality Engineer – Gears of War – The Coalition
City : Vancouver
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
The Coalition is a Microsoft first-party development studio located in Vancouver, Canada. We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise, and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical talent from across our industry and beyond, working cohesively to delight our fan base and pass expectations of what is possible. As a studio, we lead from our values and work together to promote respect and inclusion, a growth mindset, grit, all while putting our team first! Join us and let’s go far together!
As a Quality Engineer on our Engine team you will help drive the planning and implementation of automated testing solutions to improve the quality and efficiency of our game development processes. You will be working directly with our automation team and collaborating with game developers to aid in building reliable test code, tools, and infrastructure. We develop using the Unreal Engine (UE5) which means we program in C++ as our major language.
- Collaborate with game developers to help design, implement, and maintain reliable and efficient test code.
- Work closely with the automation team to help develop our automation framework.
- Work with our QA team to identify and develop automated solutions to manual testing procedures.
- Promote the benefits of automated testing throughout our game development processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field AND 4+ years software industry experience.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in C++ game development.
- Knowledge of the Unreal Engine code base and tools.
- Experience developing in C# and/or Python.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills to facilitate working closely with other engineers, tech artists, and game testers.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.