Quality Coordinator – ISO 9001:2015 Auditor
City : Port Hope, ON
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
WSP E&I Canada Ltd, Construction & Remediation group is hiring a Quality Coordinator - ISO 9001:2015 Auditor for an upcoming project in Port Hope, ON.
The position is a full-time permanent position for a self-motivated, energetic, and organized individual to coordinate day-to-day quality activities on the project.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Conduct ISO 9001:2015 and project compliance audits as per the audit schedule.
- Holds an ISO 9001:2015 Internal or Lead Auditor valid certificate.
- Supports the development of the quality management system (QMS) processes, plans, tools, and procedures for compliance with ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Conducts additional oversights as established with the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Tracks KPIs and quality objectives; reports any findings and works to facilitate the corrective actions
- Provides support to the Quality Assurance Manager in overseeing the QMS implementation and its effectiveness.
- Prepares for and plays a lead role for suppliers/ sub-suppliers’ surveillance.
- Reviews quality documentation for conformance with ISO 9001:2015 requirements, providing interpretation where necessary.
- Ensures all quality documentation is compiled, approved for use, and completed.
- Provides feedback and support with quality planning.
- Investigates, monitors, documents, and reports on quality issues.
- Works with the Quality assurance Manager in maintaining the QMS documentation up to date.
- Quality interface/liaison with the owner, owner’s representatives, and 3rd party quality assurance.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- College Diploma in Nuclear Engineering or similar, coupled with five (3) to seven (5) years of relevant experience in Quality Assurance within a Nuclear environment.
- N299.2 Training (or knowledge), ISO 9001:2015, Auditor knowledge and experience .
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in the application of quality assurance and procurement principles.
- Experience in the construction industry.
- Strong Microsoft Applications experience, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills, judgment, time management and flexibility.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility for out-of-town travel.
- Must be able to obtain Reliability Status Clearance, which requires an applicant to have lived in Canada for the past three years.
- We encourage all qualified applicants including Indigenous peoples, women, peoples with disabilities, and visible minorities to consider this opportunity.