Quality Assurance Technician
City : Jamestown
Category : Quality Management
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the selected candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, "Can Do" attitude and be able to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Education Required: Associate's Degree
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5+ years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Solid computer proficiency, math skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to respond quickly to address any situation that is out of specification
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts at night (6p - 6a)
- Willingness to complete food safety, and other job training and comply with SQF standards
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. and climb stairs
- Ability to successfully complete the following technical certifications:
- 1st Month: Completion of Training Matrix with Acceptable Results
- 4th - 6th Month: >/= 80% on QA Certification Test
- 12 Months: Completion of White Belt Training
- Annual QA Certification Test
- In an accurate, efficient, professional, and positive manner, perform, document, and communicate (written and verbal) finished product assessments on a continuous basis to ensure customer specifications and legal requirements are being met
- To accurately and efficiently obtain and perform finished product samples for sensory, chemical, and physical testing on a continuous basis. Document all results as required by the specification and operating instructions in the QA Database. Communicate testing results / trending to affected departments.
- Understand and interpret customer product specifications and expectations. Aid in training of new technicians
- Act as a Food Safety Critical Control Point by verifying that metal detection units are working according to standard procedures outlined in the operating instructions
- To place all non-conforming product on hold using the JD Edwards system
- Complete quality checks on held product, record results, and disposition in the JD Edwards system on shift and update the Daily Management Board
- To save, label, and store product samples as required. To quickly locate and communicate with all departments in providing information relating to the Food Safety/Quality Systems
- To maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area and also assist other personnel as needed to maintain safe conditions. To keep Food Safety/QA Supervisor, QA Specialist, and/or QA Manager informed of daily issues. To attend and participate in meetings, training and continuing education programs internally or externally as deemed appropriate by management
- To perform Preoperational Plant Inspections - Visual & Micro Swabbing duties
What We Offer:
- We take pride in our people and support them. We have an industry-leading employee incentive program, 401K with a company match up to 5%, and continually review and adjust our rates of pay to ensure we remain competitive. We provide unrivaled benefit plans for our employees and their families, most of which start the first of the month after hire, including medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage, flex spending accounts, life and supplemental insurance, long term disability insurance, and paid time off with carryover. Our other industry leading benefits include internal growth opportunities, paid breaks, uniform and shoe allowance, referral bonuses, and relocation assistance. Plus now offering a $500 sign on bonus!
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by _____.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status.