Quality Assurance Supervisor
City : Edmonton, AB, CA, T6B 2Z6
Category : Production and Manufacturing
Industry : Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction
Employer : Shawcor
Xerxes Corporation, a division of Shawcor Ltd., (Shawcor) is the largest manufacturer of underground fiberglass storage tanks in the world. With nearly 40 years of direct industry expertise, we are recognized as both a leading innovator and a trusted brand. We are always looking to add great people to the Shawcor family, people whose skills and goals match our Mission and Values. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic team environment where integrity and passion drives operational excellence, Shawcor is for you!
The Quality Assurance Supervisor accountable managing Quality control team and for monitoring the effectiveness of the QMS at the plant level, supporting multiple plants as assigned. This position is responsible for coordinating activities for quality control team members who are involved in the testing and inspection of materials and in-process product, and for auditing processes against internal and external standards.
The incumbent will provide a leadership to ensure that quality regulations for products, processes and employees are systematically monitored to provide optimum results with the least amount of wastes and process input.
- Maintain a safe working environment by aligning with corporate safety rules and regulations, and ensuring a culture of safety
- Ensure that the equipment and process operate efficiently and safely
- Provide support to the generation of HAA and SOP
- Every worker shall,
- Cooperate with their employer for the purposes of protecting the health and safety of themselves as well as other workers either engaged or at the work site where the work is being carried out.
- Every employer shall, as far as it is reasonably practicable to ensure:
- the health and safety of workers and others at the work site
- That the workers are aware of their health and safety responsibilities and duties
LEADERSHIP AND SUPERVISING
- Develop increasingly more capable team
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure that they are highly engaged and highly productive
- Develop people to improve their performance and work throughput
- Provides direction on prioritization of tasks and activities as per production plan requirements
- Identify and remove roadblocks for team and individuals
- Manage hiring core team members
- Mentor, coach and supervise quality control team members
- In collaboration with System Quality Assurance team and other departments, write/update detailed technical inspection & testing work instructions, checklist, and standard operating procedures.
- Support strategic implementation of Quality Assurance initiatives at the local plant.
- Support implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS) elements and auditing processes.
- Support plant leadership and Quality Assurance team in non-conformance and related incident investigations from Root Cause Analysis to Corrective Action assignment and implementation – across multiple facilities.
- Provide inspection guidance following customer specifications or product quality related checks to the QC team as per drawing(s) when required
- Provide periodical FTQ performance reports and update DMP board accordingly
- Track Quality KPIs and report findings using statistical/trend analysis during daily and weekly review meetings
- Manage NCRs and CAPAs process
- Perform process audits (Shell test, final test, shipping etc.)
- Support periodical external audits (UL, NSF, CSA) and solving queries resulting from the audits
- Submit UL and NSF samples for annual tests
- Maintain, update, and submit inspection test plans (ITPs) for all ETO tanks
- Support Sales on tank MRB preparation
- Manage equipment calibration program
- Identify roadblock and quality nonconformities in day-to-day production and communicate or investigate the issues to minimize or eliminate them
- Perform root cause analysis on customer complaints and field service issues
- Review and approve the tank packages for the tanks manufactured by the Shawcor licensees
- Support for developing and updating SOPs as well as other technical documentations
- Perform first article inspections for new supplier qualification process
- Working with Industrial Engineering Team, Product Engineering Team, Sales, Procurement, Drafting, Production and Field Service Team ongoing projects
- Provide support activities to the other Tank plant(s) is needed
LEAN PROGRAM ADVANCEMENT
- Support Best in Class Cost Saving program and Lean best practices.
- Design and run projects related to quality, propose performance and cost justification for projects.
- Collaborate with other departments through cross-functional teams and meetings.
- Determine the feasibility and priority of the projects.
- Support department manager to ensure division and corporate yearly targets are met.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 6-10 years of prior experience in quality assurance/control in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience managing and leading a team is required.
- Holding Bachelor’s degree / Diploma.
- Previous experience with Quality Management System
- Ability to motive and keep employees’ members engaged
- Ability to write detailed work instructions and standard operating procedures
- Training and experience in ISO9001 and quality system audits
- Proven quality expertise and passion for developing a strong quality culture.
- Outgoing and expressive individual with excellent communication and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage employees and encourage positive behaviors.
- Solid knowledge of quality principles, program requirements, best practices, regulations, and codes.
- Results oriented and driven to succeed.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and training skills.
- Ability to travel within North America.
- ISO9001 Auditing Certification, preferred
- Greenbelt Six Sigma Certification, preferred
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All recruiting activities are managed via our applicant tracking system. Please apply online to be considered for this opportunity.
Shawcor is an equal opportunity employer.