Quality Assurance Analyst- Software Test Developer
City : Winnipeg
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Quality Assurance Analyst- Software Test Developer - ( 2300014Y )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 26,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
Within Information Technology, Integrated Business Applications, we are looking for a full-time Quality Assurance Analyst to collaborate with project teams through the testing and defect management process for changes to our Oracle E-Business Suite and other corporate applications. This position will focus on software test development as a member of the existing automation team.
The successful candidate can be based in any one of our Stantec offices located in Western Canada. This position will have the choice of work environment - remote, in the office, or hybrid.
Your Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, Application Quality Assurance & Control, your specific duties will include:
- Develop and maintain automated functional and load test cases.
- Responsible to identify test automation opportunities and evaluate feasibility.
- Consulting Business and Systems Analysts on test plans, test cases and data requirements.
- Creating test sets and test cases in our test management tool.
- Executing test cases, analyzing test results and logging defects in Jira.
- Providing project teams test execution and defect status reports.
- Guide project teams through the Quality Assurance test automation process.
- Enhancing and maintaining the existing automation framework.
- Creating training materials, standards, and procedures for others to use the framework and automate their test cases using automation tools.
- Administering and maintaining the automation infrastructure.
- Other duties, including manual testing, as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience developing in several types of automation frameworks with various automation tools ( Tricentis Tosca preferred , Worksoft, TestComplete).
- Tricentis Tosca Automation Specialist Level 1 and 2 certifications (a definite plus).
- Good programming skills with any of Java, C#, Python, or similar scripting languages.
- Adept at troubleshooting test automation development and execution issues.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience with the Oracle load testing tool (nice to have), NeoLoad, LoadRunner, etc.
- Prior experience as an Oracle EBS Business or Systems Analyst (nice to have).
- Good understanding of Financial, HRMS and Project Accounting business processes.
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies and best practices.
- Good understanding of databases and querying multiple types of databases.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration practices and implementation with automation tools.
- Understanding of ITIL practices.
- Tricentis qTest (nice to have) and Atlassian Jira and Confluence is a plus.
- Ability to work in very dynamic environment switching projects and focus on short notice.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and think analytically.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Self-motivated with effective communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Education and Experience
- Graduation in a computer related Diploma or Degree program.
- Minimum 5-6 years of test automation experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Organization : BC-1371 Integrated Business Applications-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 10, 2023, 8:09:10 AM
Req ID: 2300014Y
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans