Quality Account Manager (QAM)
City : Ottawa
Category : Supply Chain, Logistics & Quality Assurance
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Ciena
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Quality Account Manager will work closely with Ciena’s internal/external customers and other Quality engineers in collaboration to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
The QAM is responsible for tracking and identifying causes of customer impacting issues, found either internally or externally, and for driving cross functional teams to understand how they occurred, and implementing upstream preventive actions and holistic hardware and software integrated processes. This role will act as a subject matter expert within the Global Quality Team, bridging the expertise within the Ciena R&D teams and the customer facing Quality Management activities, including participating in and preparing customer reviews.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzing and communicating customer results with the appropriate teams
- Directly working with account teams and customers on customer needs.
- Monitoring and reporting appropriate metrics that track our continuous improvements in quality
- Creating a cross-functional, collaborative working approach to addressing customer quality concerns
- Recommending and implementing changes to Ciena’s quality assurance procedures
- Participating in the day-to-day Quality activities, supporting the Global Customer base
- Review requirements with developers and other Quality engineers for consistency and accuracy
- Participate in the use of established test processes and methodologies
- Work with other departmental staff to achieve Quality team objectives
- Take on other duties, and special projects as needed.
- Strong knowledge of customer baselines, and overall telecom equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, often with changing requirements as scrum team needs may dictate. Comfortable presenting to internal/external executive stakeholders.
- Must be detail oriented, reliable and ability to work both in a team environment and alone with minimal direction and supervision
- Experience with finding the root cause of defects in a complex platform environment
- Some familiarity with Network Element SONET/SDH/Ethernet
- Strong and demonstrated desire for a career path in Quality engineering
- Ability to perform statistical analysis and perform analytical practices with data
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Power BI)
- Analytical, detailed thinker with strong technical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment where virtual teams will deliver results
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic with ability to work flexible hours, occasional evening and weekends.
- Must be a team player, draws energy and drive in working with others.
- Familiar with Telecom equipment and overall industry technology is a plus.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum 2 years of proven quality experience; Documented training and certifications desired.
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.