City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As a Quality Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for overall QE processes, methodologies, and test strategy, improvements and be accountable for driving quality by leveraging automation in order to improve quality through early defect detection. You will be accountable for maximizing automation test coverage and using business analysis and automation techniques to optimize testing activities. You will be responsible for developing and executing automation test plans for ecosystem/program/large projects (might assume planning execution accountability). You will lead the technical test effort and coaching junior resources on test execution and automation.
The incumbent will develop QE Automation solutions, testing plans, ensure adherence to the company's standards, maintain QE documentation, and communicate with development teams and stakeholders to suggest improvements. The incumbent will deliver QE Automation solutions, engineer and deploy solutions. You are not afraid of challenging the team on details and be able to think strategically.
We are seeking a talented and passionate QE Lead to join our team. We want vocal futurists that can advocate their vision, who will be excited about creative problem-solving as part of a cross-functional team; will obsess over writing smart, simple clean code; will tirelessly strive for the best end-user experience and will have the drive and desire to keep learning the latest development techniques.
What will you do?
- Responsible for overall QE processes, methodologies, test strategy, planning and improvements.
- Develop existing applications automation scripts for test activities and aligning to RBC Quality Engineering practices while partnering across IT and with assigned business lines to plan functional and nonfunctional testing activities
- Responsible for all test execution and maximizing automation for all project deliverables and for following defined processes and tools and alignment with overall QE strategy and framework for the applications
- Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close
- Promotes collaboration and partnering to develop and meet core project objectives and provides coaching to team members on QE, Agile, DevOps and applicable RBC processes, practices and tools
- Help build a strong automation regression suites and Sanity tests suites using RBC approved frameworks
- Look outside for opportunities to disrupt from within and continually expand what is possible through technology
- Work within a cross functional team aimed at delivering high valued solutions
- Code, test and implement full stack solutions to meet business needs. Create intuitive, robust and reusable test and automation interfaces using modern frameworks
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ Quality Engineering QE Lead experience with strong communication and test planning skills.
- 3+ years of development, mentoring, QE manual and automation experience, with strong technical background in a variety of environments (cloud, distributed or mainframe) and experience with business workflows, web services/APIs and SQL )
- 3+ years of experience using DevOps tools (Helios, UCD, Jenkins, Sonarqube)
- 3+ years of experience with API/service testing tools (SoapUI, Postman, ReadyAPI)
- 3+ years of experience using SQL, WebSphere, .Net, Angular
- 3+ years of experience using Cloud solutions
- Experience in a QE/test environment with a focus on technical, automated testing in a variety of environments (distributed, cloud and mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases)
- Experience working with software delivery methodologies, frameworks and best practices (Agile and Iterative Waterfall) and DevOps operations and integration of testing into the DevOps pipeline
- Experience with test management tools such as HP ALM, QTest, Jira and Confluence and source configuration tools (GIT, SVN, MKS, etc.)
- CSM certification is a big asset
- Hands-on programming experience (e.g., Java, C, C++ etc.)
- Experience working with Non-Functional Testing tools (LoadRunner, LoadUI JMeter) and application monitoring tools (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc.)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.