QA Test Analyst
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1K5L1
Category : Quality Assurance Programmers
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 191620
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Supervise and co-ordinate the testing of medium to large projects using multiple delivery channels across various platforms, configurations and environments. Assess the risk and quality of changes and enhancements to more than 100 existing applications and processes which support the domestic bank network. This role Reports to Manager, QA Testing, and Supervises test teams comprised of various levels of banking, business and systems analysts.
Is this role right for you?
- Capability to supervise multiple projects and assignments concurrently
- In-depth understanding of a broad range of assigned banking applications and their interfaces
- Comprehensive knowledge of UAT methodology, procedures and standards
- Assess individual project needs; work closely with Development, Configuration/Code Management and environment teams to establish, co-ordinate and ensure a stable environment for conducting QA tests
- Ability to adapt quickly and decisively to changing priorities
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Ability to supervise business applications testing with Web interfaces, GUI, and green screen emulation in the following environment platforms: Host 4700/3270, IMS, AS/400, Client/Server, Windows
- Extensive understanding of code management, server and applications layering, environment configuration and databases
- Initiate and perform software fault source diagnosis
- Strong working knowledge of PCs and department-related software
- Ability to use automated drivers for project testing; able to appropriately assess their value to a particular release and employ them accordingly
- Well-developed leadership ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Detail-oriented approach to project testing
- Supervise and co-ordinate testing for projects/releases:
- Assess UAT projects to determine the risk of releasing the code into the current test environment, specifically the possible impact to multiple projects, the degree of overlap in the applications and the code itself, within extremely tight timeframes
- Design UAT test plans; assign and review test documentation (functions, testcases, scripts); balance the need to mitigate risk with the optimal use of testing resources while adhering to UAT policies, standards and procedures
- Schedule and approve the release of projects into the UAT environment; execute complex test plans and supervise the execution of testing, co-ordinating resources, people and environments on a daily basis to meet the specific requirements for a project; manage multiple stakeholders with conflicting time and needs requirements; co-ordinate code delivery with external service providers
- Continually evaluate priorities for various projects in response to frequent directional changes and take decisive action as required
- Assess the results of UAT tests and take appropriate action; work closely with the development group to resolve defects; escalate issues to management when necessary; make recommendations to release the code to Production
- Transfer application and process expertise to more junior analysts within UAT; provide hands on training on systems, hardware, environment, product, standards, and methodology to test team members; coach, motivate and provide feedback on department and project objectives, conflict resolution, and team building to assigned staff
- Work with individual project teams, during the software development life cycle, to ensure business and technical requirements have been fulfilled; contribute recommendations and assessments to ongoing project reviews
- Maintain a thorough and current understanding of a broad range of assigned banking applications, UAT code configuration, system integration, environment resources and code delivery process; provide technical advice to development teams and external suppliers on integration of specific applications within the UAT environment
- Forecast workday estimates based upon project documentation; monitor resource demands and escalate resource shortfalls or conflicts as required
- Identify and pursue opportunities to enhance personal breadth and depth of expertise and proactively apply knowledge on the job; identify and recommend enhancements or modifications to UAT processes in an effort to continually improve overall department efficiency and effectiveness
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work conditions: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.