City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
QA/QC Specialist - ( 2200017O )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists who are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking a Quality Specialist to join our Transportation team with a background in Quality Assurance/Quality Management of large infrastructure programs, preferably in mass transit systems. This is a key position requiring excellent communication skills and a willingness to work as part of a team to successfully deliver major capital projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation and administration of the quality oversight program and procedures
- Provide training and guidance in the application of standards and industry best practices
- Review quality documentation for compliance to the quality program
- Conduct audits and inspections to verify that project services and deliverables meet quality program requirements
- Liaise with all relevant parties, internal and external, during quality audits and inspections.
- Manage and report on non-conformities, corrective and preventive actions
- Report quality metrics on a regular basis, the frequency of which is to be determined, and contribute to continuous improvement and Lessons Learned activities.
- Assist in defining leading indicators.
- Provide assistance in preparing project plans and reports such as Quality Oversight Plan (QOP), Program Management Implementation Plan (PMIP) or other related reports.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiarity with large infrastructure programs preferably in mass transit systems
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, presentation, written & verbal communication skills with a keen attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and ability to work on an individual basis
- Applied knowledge of quality principles, data collection, trend analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of project management principles and/or exposure to project-based work structures
- Experience with MS Office suite and other PC skills
- Some travel may be required
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a professional engineering environment, eligible for Professional Engineering License is an asset
- 5 years’ experience in a construction or consulting environment with involvement in the delivery of major projects
- Experience with and understanding of quality standards and certification processes for ISO9001 and ISO19011 is an asset
This description is not a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Quality Assurance/Control
Organization : BC-1262 Transportation-Program Management-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 24, 2022, 11:55:09 AM
Req ID: 2200017O
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans