QA Automation Developer Co-op (Winter 2024)
City : Ottawa
Category : Interns, Students & Temporary
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Ciena
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
- We’re a company rooted in people—seeking to create a vibrant and inclusive environment, where everyone feels they can belong.
- Accelerate your career path by gaining hands-on experience and exposure to the latest technology. Our interns and graduates work on real projects in real time in world class labs. Be a part of tomorrow’s future – today.
- Mentoring. Networking. Leadership Opportunities. We recognize that the learning doesn’t stop when you leave school - we champion a team environment for development and provide the tools to achieve success.
- We are big proponents of life-work integration. Our people make a big difference at Ciena, but we want to shine light on their differences outside of working hours too. CienaCares supports non-profit causes important to employees by matching employee financial contributions and dedicating time for volunteering.
8 month work term: January – August 2024
How You Will Contribute:
Ciena’s Management, Control and Plan (MCP) Applications is a next generation Network Management solution for IP, Packet, and Optical networks. Based on microservices architecture, MCP Applications helps Network operators plan, provision, and troubleshoot multi-layer networks quickly using a highly intuitive user interface in addition to available open REST APIs. As a QA Automation developer, you will:
- Maintain automation builds on CI/CD platform (TeamCity).
- Work closely with our team of developers QA Engineers to design, develop, execute, and maintain automated test scripts
What Does Ciena Expect of You?
- A sense of urgency – what’s important to the customer is equally important to you. You make getting things done a priority.
- Integrity – you hold yourself to the highest level of personal and professional standards of conduct.
- A commitment to innovation – you continually seek to learn, understand new technologies and ever-changing market conditions, and endeavor to apply that knowledge to Ciena’s advantage.
- You embrace change – thriving in a diverse environment of ever-changing priorities and sometimes stressful situations.
- The flexibility to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a broader team.
The Must Haves:
- Experience with Postman
- Understanding of REST APIs, JSON, and XML
- Understanding of Windows, UNIX Operating systems
- Knowledge of basic Linux commands
- Enthusiasm for Automation development and willingness to learn
- Ability to estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities within the Development Team
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum, Agile JIRA, Bitbucket and TeamCity
Experience with web services and API testing; experience testing microservices is a plus
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.