City : HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the opportunity?
The reconciliation team is undertaking multiple complex enterprise-wide initiatives as part of RBC’s ongoing plan to centralize a reconciliation platform within RBC. In this role you will be responsible for strategically planning and managing successful implementation of the above mentioned. The role will coordinate, develop, lead, communicate and execute activities to ensure objectives are accomplished according on time.
What will you do?
• Design and maintenance of services in Python, and provide guidance and expertise for Python solutions
• Responsible for the end-to-end technical solution as defined by the solution architecture and resolving design ambiguity
• Provide technical leadership, expert counsel and guidance to the development team, adhering to solution architecture and best practices
• Lead complex group meetings (including business partners) for technical design, decision making, problem solving, implementation and strategic planning
• Provide direction, expertise, feedback, coaching and development to build the capability of junior technical development staff
• Conduct analysis in form of written and/or diagram to provide feedback. Create, design, analyze, develop and debug
• Various tasks such as updating table entries, create program variants
• Develop interface to transfer data between two systems
• Support the integration projects through various phases from gathering business requirements to go-live and post-implementation support
• Analyze business requirements and provide guidance and clarity
• Support the assessment of change requests (corrections, enhancements), proposing and developing solutions
• Support the team during requirements and testing
• Perform unit testing for the developed objects
• Prepare technical design document of the development
• Prepare PRP document and provide walkthrough
• Implement the changes using Service Now Ticketing process
• Create implementation plan and preparations for Go-Live
• Develop accurate estimates for completion of technical tasks
• Manage risks, assumptions and constraints and communicate to appropriate parties
• For production problem tickets, determine root-cause analysis and provide options for solution • Provide first class support to immediate team and all partners
• Develop API / Web Services
• Provide guidance to adhere to compliance items like server
What do you need to succeed?
• Undergraduate Computer Science or Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
• Proven experience in leading development team on large projects or programs interfacing with multiple applications and/or third parties
• 4+ years of experience as a senior Python developer
• Proven experience in Oracle, MS-SQL, Postgres and Airflow
• Experience in front end and backend development
• Knowledge of flow of data; inbound and outbound files
• Proven experience with agile delivery methodology and governance
• Ability to successfully multi-task
• Solid grasp of OO principles
• Experience with IntelliJ, Eclipse IDE
• Experience with Source Code Management system such as GIT
• Experience with DevOps such as Jenkins
• Experience with PCF, OCP, Azure, AWS, Webservices (SOAP and REST)
• JCL knowledge/experience & willing to learn
• Basic knowledge API / Web services
• VISIO – creating flows and diagrams experience
• 5+ years’ experience with Java technologies such as: Spring, Spring Boot, JAX-WS and JAX-RS
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
A world-class training program in financial services
Job SkillsComputer Operations, Customer Service, Enterprise Application Delivery, Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure, Interpersonal Relationships, Problem Solving, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), System and Console Operations, System Applications, Systems Software
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.