Pursuit Manager, Infrastructure
City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Pursuit Manager, Infrastructure - ( 230000YB )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents.
Are you ready to wake up every day feeling inspired, excited about your job, and do you like to be part of a winning team? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work with and be inspired by amazing creative colleagues, make an impact on your community, gain valuable experience and build your career? Meet Stantec. Ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world, the people we work with are cool, and we want you to have a future here.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we’re committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
We’re looking for a Pursuit Manager to join our Infrastructure team, responsible for implementing our business development process on large, strategic pursuits. This position requires a detail-oriented individual with a background in marketing and/or communications—a team player who can lead a pursuit process and team, communicate effectively, manage multiple concurrent initiatives, and thrive in a deadline driven environment.
In this role, you’ll prepare high-impact proposals and communications that highlight our depth of experience, expertise, and creativity. Along with your marketing team partners, you’ll be working closely with Infrastructure leadership and client managers to create competitive pursuit strategies and compelling messages that convey Stantec's strengths and set us apart. You’ll also partner with key business developers to coordinate strategic client facing events, marketing collateral, win theme development, competitor analysis, SWOT analysis, and sales and business development processes.
Stantec offers a flexible work environment and we are open for this role to be based out of any posted US location. If you’re looking for a workplace and a position you can grow with—we would love to hear from you _._
Your Key Responsibilities
The Pursuit Manager’s primary responsibility is to drive and facilitate the disciplined application of our marketing and business development process, including:
- Help to identify and research client decision makers and influencers and establish an action plan to grow relationships with new and existing clients.
- Work collaboratively with the client manager and infrastructure leadership to develop a capture plan that includes profiles of decision-makers and influencers, competitor analysis, project-specific unique value propositions, and strategic teaming plan.
- Develop high-quality, opportunity-specific pursuit documents (SOQs, proposals, presentations, etc.) with competitive and compelling sales messages.
- Support positioning activities such as client, competitor, and market research; partnering on key account plan development; campaign development, and supporting client engagement activities – conferences, industry events, etc.
- Identify opportunities to position our team and experience in advance of RFQs and RFPs being released, and engage our public relations team to help implement a positioning strategy
- Actively support early development and implementation of pursuit-specific capture plans including client and opportunity due diligence; develop unique value propositions (UVPs) and SWOT analyses; conduct preliminary go/no-go and strategy review and identify execution team.
- Plan, organize, and direct all elements of proposal development including analyzing the client advertisement/RFP/RFQ and initiate/update pursuit capture plan; facilitate kick-off and pursuit team meetings; manage and work with pursuit team to develop response sections; prepare 30%, 60%, 90% and 100% complete review packages; identify and direct review teams; incorporate reviewer comments; and ensure on-time proposal delivery.
- Translate UVPs into key themes and infuse them into sales documents through a disciplined storyboarding process that articulates compelling sales messages with benefits statements, graphics, and proofs.
- Work with pursuit teams to prepare for interviews, including developing the presentation strategy and messaging, and especially interview coaching and guidance
- Work with infrastructure leadership to develop a pursuit budget and regularly monitor M&BD costs.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials/qualifications, including project profiles, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Collaborate with practitioners to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials.
- Share marketing and sales materials, information, knowledge and best practices with other regional and business line marketing team members across Stantec.
- Ensure that all marketing and sales documents comply with our corporate branding guidelines and client confidentiality requirements
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign experience required), and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers and clients
- Excellent interviewing, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practices
- Ability to work effectively within a group as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or an equivalent level of experience
- Minimum 7-12 years of progressive experience in a senior marketing role in a medium- to large-sized organization
- Experience leading major Transportation pursuits, including Design-Build and P3 projects
Stantec is a place where smart, caring people come to build on each other’s talents and make an impact on the world. Find your fit. Apply today.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Organization : BC-1301 Marketing & Communications-BOU-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 28, 2023, 2:46:20 PM
Req ID: 230000YB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans