Pursuit Manager- GTA – 12 Month Contract
City : Toronto
Category : Marketing & Communications
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
As part of KPMG’s high-performing Pursuits team, the successful candidate’s role includes managing the proposal process from end-to-end. Working within a senior group of proposal professionals, the ideal candidate will provide organizational and communication skills to support our GTA Pursuits team whilst working with multi-functional and cross-disciplinary teams.
The candidate will own the proposal development process and should be accustomed to developing and delivering strong, client centric, compliant, high-quality, and innovative proposals within a deadline driven environment. This is a mid-level position full of potential and room for growth. Our ideal candidate will be a team player with a ‘how can I help you’ attitude that is motivated by diversity of work, functions well under pressure, and has strong capabilities working with current technology.
What you will do
- Manage and own the entire proposal development process, while continuously looking for improvements and efficiencies.
- Act as the central point of contact in project managing the end-to-end process: evaluating requirements, organizing kick-off meetings, developing timelines with clearly defined accountabilities and deadlines, undertaking gap analyses and independently developing strategies to overcome them, ensuring mandatory requirements are highlighted and met, and providing mock scoring on draft responses
- Work shoulder-to-shoulder with internal clients; i.e., lead partners, client service professionals, subject matter experts and account managers in identifying benefits and value-add for clients, a winning strategy and key insights, leveraging our internal sales methodology.
- Write, edit and submit proposal documents that are focused and innovative in both approach and creative execution.
- Work with other areas of practice in Marketing (i.e. Creative, Research, Function & Industry Marketing, Key Accounts, etc.) to achieve proposal objectives.
- Ensure that written submissions meet RFP requirements and are KPMG Brand and Regulatory compliant.
- Own the quality-review process throughout the proposal lifecycle:
- Spell-checking, proofreading and page turns;
- Provide direction and coordinate support services, as required (e.g. graphics and desktop publishing services, digital and print services, including hands-on oversight of the production and delivery of the Final Submission)
- Be an active member of the Pursuits Community and the Regions Area Marketing Teams.
What you bring to the role
Candidate must clearly demonstrate experience performing responsibilities similar to this advertised position: excellent communication skills (written and verbal), very strong project management, solid relationship-building, detailed-oriented and exceptional follow-up skills. The successful candidate will possess, at a minimum, the following skills and behaviours:
- Eight to ten years of experience in proposal and/or business writing in which sales skills are required
- Experience with government procurement proposals
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism or Commerce
- Understanding of business development processes and methodologies
- Capable to work effectively within deadlines and short-time frames
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and proactively with a wide range of professionals at every level of the organization on a day-to-day basis
- Advanced Digital proficiency as well as MS office and SharePoint
- Excellent prioritization skills to manage a high volume of multiple, disparate projects through to completion
- Quick study and self-starter capable of working with little day-to-day supervision
- Mature communication skills
- Flexible and agile with positive attitude
- Solid ability to “own the document” from start to finish
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.