City : St. John's
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Pursuit Lead - ( 220003SF )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 26,000 team members in over 400 locations across 6 continents are vital to making our company stronger.
Are you ready to wake up every day feeling inspired, excited about your job, and do you like to be part of a winning team? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work with and be inspired by amazing creative colleagues, make an impact on your community, gain valuable experience, and build your career? Meet Stantec. Ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world, the people we work with are cool, and we want you to have a future here.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we’re committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
We are looking for a full-time Pursuit Lead to provide marketing leadership and strategic expertise to establish Stantec’s desired market position, develop strong, lasting relationships with key clients, find market opportunities and create winning proposal submissions/presentations and communications in the pursuit of specific project opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a passion for nitty gritty details —an energetic team player who can communicate effectively, manage multiple projects at the same time, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
If this sounds like your perfect role, we would love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Pursuit Lead collaborates with business line leadership and pursuit teams to align priorities and drive successful proposal, pursuit and marketing activities in pipelining and capturing must-win, strategic pursuits across the region. The role includes oversight, coordination, and delivery on all aspects of complex proposals involving multiple contributors, including working with technical teams to brainstorm strategy and messaging, win plan, qualifications identification, content development, and managing the schedule/deadlines/process.
The role also includes working with a larger Stantec team of Marketing, Business Development, Public Relations, and Communications professionals to build our brand awareness and identify market opportunities for top line growth.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Strategy Support and Implementation:
- Diligently implement our business development process on large strategic and must-win pursuits
- Collaborate with RBLs, BD leads, BC leaders, Account Managers, PMs, and Operations Leadership (pursuit team) in developing distinctive value propositions and win themes that clearly differentiate Stantec
- Leverage companywide network to identify and put forward Stantec’s unique capabilities and resources
- Early involvement in the client pursuit process to develop an overall action plan that includes due diligence, profiles of decision-makers and influencers, competitor analysis, project-specific win plan (client issues, features, benefits, and proof statements), strategic teaming plan, and spearhead the preliminary go/no go and strategy review
- Support pursuit team in key pre-RFP “opening game” activities, e.g., client, competitor, and market research; identifying and tracking top client capital plans
- Actively work with pursuit team to develop and implement pursuit-specific action plans in “middle game” (once specific opportunity is identified, but prior to issuance of an RFP), e.g., document due diligence in project brief, develop win plan, SWOT analyses, and executive summary, conduct preliminary go/no go and strategy review, identify execution team
- Plan, organize, and direct all elements of the “end game” (signified by issuance of an RFP), e.g. analyze client request, develop response plan, initiate follow-up go/no go, facilitate strategy review (pink team), conduct kick-off meeting, manage and work with pursuit team to develop response sections, lead in-progress reviews, prepare red team review package, incorporate red team input, schedule pricing reviews, ensure on-time response delivery
- Work with pursuit team in developing innovative solutions and leverage corporate network to identify existing capabilities that response to client challenges and create a distinctive competitive advantage
- Create and modify existing materials and write content to effectively communicate services, capabilities, and market messages
- Drive the proposal management and development process of diverse teams towards client-established deadlines and in compliance with client-set expectations
- Display creativity in applying graphics (such as photos, graphs, charts, etc.) to improve communication in written documents and give direction to the graphic design team as needed
- Work with pursuit team to regularly monitor M&BD spending and report any significant variances
- Ensure all pursuit documents comply with our corporate branding guidelines and client confidentiality requirements
- Share sales materials, information, knowledge, and best practices with other MBD team members across Stantec
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- The ability to develop win themes and integrate them throughout a proposal
- Demonstrated ability to provide critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients, internally and externally
- Can work independently, collaboratively as part of a team, and in conjunction with senior management/executive staff
- Excellent interviewing, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practices
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Proficient InDesign and Adobe Acrobat
- Awareness that ongoing training may involve professional development courses in the evenings or on weekends
- Awareness that attendance of trade and industry association events, and networking with marketing peers at identified teaming partner firms could be required
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or an equivalent level of experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in a senior marketing role in the A/E/C industry
Stantec is a place where smart, caring people come to build on each other’s talents and make an impact on the world. Find your fit. Apply today.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga, Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1506 Marketing & Communications-CA Central & Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 19, 2022, 8:30:30 AM
Req ID: 220003SF
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans