City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Pursuit Lead - ( 240000GS )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 28,000 team members in over 400 locations across 6 continents are vital to making our company stronger.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager of Strategic Growth Opportunities, the Pursuit Lead (PL) collaborates with business line leadership and pursuit teams to align priorities and drive the successful execution of strategic proposals and marketing activities to capture must-win strategic pursuits across Environmental Services. The role includes oversight, coordination, and delivery on all aspects of complex proposals involving multiple contributors, including working with technical teams to brainstorm strategy and messaging, develop a win plan, qualifications identification, content development, and managing the schedule/deadlines/process.
Success is represented by effective integration and relationship building with internal staff and enhancement of Stantec’s relationship with key clients, building of the existing reputation of the firm and our success at winning work. Driving the overall pursuit process, this lead will partner with Stantec’s regional marketing team to coordinate on workload sharing/delegation of proposal tasks to deliver balanced, consistent support for Environmental Services pursuits.
- Proposal Strategy Support and Implementation
- Diligently implement our business development process on large strategic and must-win pursuits.
- Collaborate with business development, account managers, subject matter experts and members of leadership in developing distinctive value propositions and win themes that clearly differentiate Stantec.
- Leverage the companywide network to identify and put forward Stantec’s unique capabilities and resources.
- Early involvement in the client pursuit process to develop an overall action plan that includes due diligence, profiles of decision-makers and influencers, competitor analysis, project-specific win plan (client issues, features, benefits, and proof statements), strategic teaming plan, and spearhead the preliminary go/no go and strategy review.
- Support pursuit team in key pre-positioning activities (e.g., client, competitor, and market research; identifying and tracking top client capital plans; developing targeted marketing campaigns).
- Actively work to develop and implement pursuit-specific action plans once specific opportunity is identified, but prior to issuance of an RFP (e.g., document due diligence in project brief, develop win plan, SWOT analyses, executive summary, conduct preliminary go/no go and strategy review, identify execution team).
- Plan, organize, and direct all elements of the proposal development process signified by issuance of an RFP (e.g., analyze client request, develop response plan, initiate follow-up go/no go, incorporate red team input, schedule pricing reviews, and ensure a responsive, on-time delivery.
- As a member of the pursuit team leverage corporate network to identify existing capabilities and innovative solutions that respond to client challenges, resulting in a distinctive competitive advantage.
- Ensure all pursuit documents comply with our corporate branding guidelines and client confidentiality requirements
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with exceptional prioritization skills.
- Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to develop win themes and integrate them throughout a proposal.
- Demonstrated ability to provide critical thinking and problem-solving skills with creativity.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients.
- Can work independently, collaboratively as part of a team, and in conjunction with senior management/executive staff.
- Excellent interviewing, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency in web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Suite programs, including InDesign and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ongoing training may involve professional development courses in the evenings or on weekends
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or an equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in a senior marketing role in the A/E/C industry where coordinating / executing large, complex proposals was a primary responsibility.
- Experience working in the environmental services industry is an added benefit.
- This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- Lower Mainland $42.62 - Lower Mainland $63.95 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1301 Marketing & Communications-CA BOU
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 31, 2024, 8:59:31 AM
Req ID: 240000GS
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans