Purchasing Co-op Student
City : Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Category : Co-op Student
Industry : Procurement
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Milton, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes (Canada)
Procurement, GTA Lowrise Division
Co-op Contract; 4-month work term; September/October 2022 start
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
Under the direction of the Contracts Manager, the Purchasing Co-op Student provides quantity and cost estimating and purchasing services in adherence with generally accepted estimating principles and Mattamy standards.
- Prepares quantity take-offs from working or design drawings for budgeting or tendering purposes.
- Assists during tendering process through responding to queries from trade partners.
- Updates standard unit pricing and maintains database.
- Assist Purchasing Manager in preparation of budgets and proformas.
- Participate in site visits in order to check performance of trades against scope of work/contract.
- Participates in analysis of drawings for value engineering opportunities and pricing thereof.
- Maintain and update the database in REMS as required.
- Prepare and inspect spreadsheets for model specific upgrades and changes to the standard model.
- Performs other duties as requested, in support of the Contracts and Purchasing department.
What You Bring
- Current enrollment in a registered co-op program.
- Currently working towards a College Diploma in Estimating or Architectural Technology and/or relevant related practical experience.
- Must be available for the Fall work term (Sept. to Dec. 2022).
- Estimating Courses during past terms would be an asset.
- Experience in the residential construction industry would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (Part 9)
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analytical ability required.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel). Competent in AutoCAD.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- As the position may involve travel to construction sites, a vehicle and a class ‘G’ license is required.
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
Be Yourself. We want it that way! At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
Canada’s Best Managed Companies
Canada’s Top 100 Employers
Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.