Pulp and Paper – Tissue Process Specialist
City : Edmonton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Pulp and Paper - Tissue Process Specialist - ( 230003YK )
Stantec’s Energy team is designing the solutions our world needs now. We’re a leader in the energy transition. We deliver iconic infrastructure projects including some of the world’s largest dams, large-scale renewable energy facilities and the most geographically challenging conventional energy facilities. We are pushing the boundaries of clean energy and grid modernization. We’re releasing the power of hydrogen and capturing and storing carbon.
We’ve built a flexible work environment focused on your career goals and aspirations. You’ll find yourself working with leaders in power delivery, thermal generation, heavy industrial, and renewable energy at one of the world’s top 10 design firms.
Join a team that leaves you #FeelingEnergized and make an impact that will last generations.
We are looking for Tissue Process Specialist to join our growing team! The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of pulp and paper and/or tissue manufacturing processes. Proven business development and client relationship management experience. Proven technical skills applicable to delivering or supporting Pulp and Paper / Tissue projects.
This position will be considered in any location in the US/Canada with a Stantec presence.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Providing Pulp and Paper / Tissue Process technical expertise and engineering design support and input into projects.
- Lead or support development of engineering design tasks on Pulp and Paper / Tissue projects through collaboration with a wide range of technical disciplines. Routine technical tasks include:
+ design basis documents
+ engineering calculations including heat and mass balances
+ engineering drawings
+ engineering reports
+ feasibility studies
+ presentations to clients, regulatory agencies and/or project stakeholders
+ quality reviews
- Provide independent quality reviews for peers on other proposals or project deliverables within your technical subject matter expertise.
- Business development/application activities ranging from intentional listening to client needs and identifying related solution opportunities, to high level business meetings with, and presenting to, client executives.
- Maintain relationships and grow the client base of Pulp and Paper / Tissue in the North American Market.
- Support or lead Request-for-Proposals, Statement of Qualifications requests and other inquiries for Stantec’s capabilities for Pulp and Paper / Tissue opportunities to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Collaborate with the Heavy Industrial technical practice leader to facilitate continuous improvement and development of best practices.
- Collaborate with counterpart regional and individual Sector Leaders across Business Lines to leverage client and sector information as well as expertise across offices.
- Attend industry conferences, present technical content as needed to showcase Stantec’s experience and offerings.
- Contribute to the Energy Heavy Industrial Process sector plan and business strategy.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior staff and peers.
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, vendors, consultants, and regulators as needed using a professional communications approach.
- Participate in client site visits as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiar with major Pulp and Paper / Tissue OEMS and equipment suppliers.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project, and will perform a variety of tasks which may include inspection, troubleshooting, calculations, design sketches and concepts, estimating, calculating savings, report preparation and field work. Candidate should be comfortable presenting single source solutions.
- Strong leader and team player, collaborator, and communicator with good people skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work across multiple offices and geographies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills to effectively work and collaborate with a wide range of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to champion both project and customer services excellence with conviction and purpose.
- Understands typical phases of project delivery and client procurement procedures.
- Experience in Project Management in delivering Pulp and Paper and Tissue projects would be beneficial.
- Experience in managing client expectations and engineering budgets.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines.
- Works in a team environment without direct supervision.
- Proficient writer and communicator - Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Adobe.
- Completion of additional business development training and certifications considered an asset.
- Ability to travel to US and Canadian offices and client sites, as required.
- Holds a valid drivers’ license.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Process, Chemical, Mechanical, Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 10 years Pulp and Paper and/or Tissue Process engineering experience
- Worked on the execution and delivery of 2 or more Pulp and Paper and/or Tissue manufacturing projects greater than $50M in capital.
- Business Development experience would be considered an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1560 Energy-CA Management
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 28, 2023, 11:06:55 AM
Req ID: 230003YK
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans