Property Portfolio Manager
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
PROPERTY PORTFOLIO MANAGER:
($67,712.13 - $78,694.16 Annually)
The Property Portfolio Manager (PPM) is responsible for the management and control of property management and tenant support services for all directly managed social housing, and in some cases, group homes and market-housing properties within an assigned area. The tenant population is diverse and includes seniors, people with mental or physical disabilities, substance addictions, individuals at risk of homelessness, women and children fleeing abuse, First Nations peoples and low-income families. He/She/They contributes to the development and implementation of a property management plan for each housing complex that incorporates the facility condition index, characteristics of the tenant population and required/available community support services. The incumbent leads multi-functional teams in delivering a range of programs and services to ensure successful tenancies, the safety and well-being of tenants, and effective operation, maintenance and repair of the buildings. The position liaises with multiple government and community stakeholders in resolving property management and tenant issues and represents BC Housing in tenancy and court hearings. The majority of PPMs will have direct supervisory responsibility for a team of Building Managers and Janitors, and in some cases a Tenant Support Worker. The position may be required to provide contract administration for site representatives in the outer Regions.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other relevant discipline, including completion of courses in property management
- Considerable experience at a senior level in property management and contract administration, with prior supervisory experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the philosophies, principles and practices of property management, particularly in the social housing sector
- Sound knowledge of current social issues facing tenant populations such as homelessness, mental illness and drug addiction, domestic violence, child protection and ageing
- Considerable knowledge of building structures and systems and an ability to recognize deficiencies and prepare summaries of work required
- Excellent negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills and ability to negotiate contracts, mediate disputes and resolve conflict situations
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to plan and coordinate the delivery of a broad range of property management and tenant support services, function as an effective team leader, and make decisions based on an analysis of a range of issues and problems
- Ability to summarize and explain complex program information and funding requirements
- Ability to build consensus with multiple stakeholders, often with conflicting agendas; display tact and diplomacy to deal with a broad range of professions and community stakeholders; and be a socially sensitive administrator
- Ability to travel on frequent basis
- Valid BC driver’s license and a reliable vehicle required
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
- Indigenous candidates are welcome to connect with an Indigenous team member in our organization to discuss the recruitment process and our workplace, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call.)
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.