Promotions Specialist (Temporary)
City : Edmonton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Promotions Specialist (Temporary) - ( 230001FI )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We’re marketers, communicators, and strategic pursuit partners who play an integral role in the development and execution of creative vision, innovative solutions, and business strategies. As trusted advisors, we collaborate with designers, engineers, scientists and project managers to drive projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Are you a self-starter with super organizational skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple initiatives at once? Stantec is looking for a Promotions Specialist for our Calgary office. This position requires someone who has a creative side and likes to connect with others — a team player who knows how to showcase a brand so that it stands out among the competition. This is a temporary position, anticipated to be 16 months duration.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinate promotional activities, such as trade shows and conferences, employee and client events, , and other client interface opportunities.
- Generate promotional content (client facing marketing materials, awards programs, articles, blogs, etc).
- Works closely with the marketing team and leadership to implement our annual strategic programs with the goal of promoting Stantec’s brand awareness.
- Collaboration with Visual Communication Design Team and Communications and PR Team on projects.
- Build Powerpoint presentations from templates that showcase the Stantec brand.
- Generate written content to promote and support event initiatives.
- Elevate and showcase the Stantec brand as effectively as possible.
- Ensure all messaging and graphics are developed in alignment with Company standards, specifically Stantec's brand guidelines.
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Strong project management, event organization, and workback and deadline management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly articulate issues and frame solutions in a compelling manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools, Microsoft Office including Powerpoint, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms, and cloud-based interfaces.
- Strong presentation skills in small and large group environments.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, supervisors, peers, and clients.
- Solution-orientated mindset with and ability to successfully balance conflicting priorities and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Digital advertising knowledge and experience is an asset.
Education & Experience
Post-secondary degree in marketing, or related area.1-3 years of experience in a promotions/marketing role.
Experience in the Architecture/Engineering/Consulting industry is an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Organization : BC-1306 Marketing & Communications-CA Prairies&Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 30, 2023, 6:45:41 AM
Req ID: 230001FI
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans