City : Calgary, AB
Category : Full Time Planning
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Sherritt
Headquartered in Toronto, Sherritt is a world leader in using hydrometallurgical processes to mine and refine nickel and cobalt – metals essential for an electric future. In addition, the Corporation is the largest independent power producer in Cuba.
Sherritt through the Energas Joint Venture has a 33%ownership and operates three integrated gas processing facilities and two combined cycle power generation facilities with an installed capacity of 600 MW. The term of the Joint Venture has recently extended to 2043.
Reporting to Capital Projects, the Project Scheduler is responsible for developing and maintaining project schedules for the various projects and maintenance activities within the Power business.
The position will be based out of our Calgary office.
- Develops and maintains detailed project schedules, which includes administrative tasks with all sites involved in various projects located in Cuba.
- Produce man-hour/resource loaded schedules and utilize earned value management (EVM) to analyze work efficiencies
- Participation and Coordinate in Team Meetings.
- Ensure adherence to schedule deadlines.
- Ensure coordination of the interfaces of all disciplines on scheduling tasks
- The detailed project schedule will include all project phases and dependencies including at least preliminary engineering, detailed design, material procurement, installation, test and start-up, and site and system acceptance.
- Responsible to track project changes and produces updated schedules as agreed with engineering, procurement and project management.
- Responsible to take input from the project sites and project engineers to develop and maintain the detailed schedule.
- Required to travel frequently to Cuba to produce, update and analyze various project schedules throughout the project execution.
- Works with project team to understand and assist with tracking all work, task and project assignments.
- Develops and publishes communications to project members
- Develops and review project status and reports.
- Reviews project proposal and deliverables with Project team and other related departments that will be involved to determine proper lead time, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Attend progress meetings, maintain good communication with technicians and contractors to assure timely and efficient completion of jobs, proper communication of issues, and proper documentation of the entire process at each job site.
- Interface with operations on schedules and reports to ensure we are meeting all appropriate operations needs and expectations.
- Maintain and track on cost control on all capital projects with developing a spreadsheet and updating bi-monthly
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience required for the scheduling position or related work in the industry.
- Strong computer competency for data entry and the production of reports and schedules
- Computer competency for data entry and the production of reports and schedules
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Project scheduling software or Primavera 6, and Excel skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Fluency in Spanish would be considered an asset
What Sherritt Can Offer You
- Competitive wage with comprehensive benefits and retirement savings programs that holistically support employee wellbeing
- Generous paid time off to support and empower employee work/life balance
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and dynamic work environment
Application Deadline: The job posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.
We thank all candidates for their application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly and engaged in the interview process.